Alli

Options
Has anyone tried Alli? I just started using it on Sunday. No result yet from it was far was weight loss but I don't feel as hungry during the day and I seem to have more energy. I would like to hear from others who may have tried it.:love:

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    My friend used it and just had awful diarrhea nonstop, it was like it says in the side effects "anal seepage". But I guess that only happens if you eat something high in fat. So all it does is force you to eat low fat and fat free foods because fats will go right through you. She said it just gushed out, she couldn't even feel it coming, just walking around the house and it's running down her legs.
    Use with caution.

Of course, this is just what SHE TOLD me, so take it with a grain of salt.
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I've tried it, and I usually don't eat that much fat anyways, but it gave me oily, greasy gas, and the trots. Was pretty gross. I'll never use it again
  • valligator
    valligator Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I just threw up in my mouth a little..
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    yea my friend used it and said she had the same effects as the others put....she said that if she ate like BK or mcdonalds it would get worse!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    I just threw up in my mouth a little..

i second that!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    libtech50, i think we've all tried "something" or everything. it boils down to eat right, exercise. i guess teh alli can assist for times that your meal choices were off, but what a price to pay, at the store and in day to day life.

let us know if you have better success than those we've heard from.
  • jmarie9
    jmarie9 Posts: 108
    Options
    She said it just gushed out, she couldn't even feel it coming, just walking around the house and it's running down her legs.
    Use with caution.

o m g.
  • SASSYJAX
    SASSYJAX Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    thats not fair is it.....conning people who are desperate and unhappy with their bodies into doing this to themselves.
    Dont do it, its not worth it. I have tried every diet pill and shake and the rest besides, just end up demoralised unhappy and skint!

Alli sounds dire....dont go there! How unpleasant and definately not worth it...x
  • Sarah1768
    Options
    I used alli when it first came on the market because it was "safe" (so they said)
    I ended up at the docs with some heart flutters.
    Had to wear a moniter for a few days. when I cam off the alli they stopped right away. I did loose some weight on it but it did not agree with me and I felt it was not safe to take anymore
  • Sarah1768
    Options
    also, the accidents came from eating too much fat. Alli works by trapping the fat and it comes out in the form of oil. If you eat more than the diet plans says even once you will mess your pants! lol
  • crabbygirl
    Options
    I wish I had all the money I wasted on "products" to help me lose weight....
    I was going to try Alli, but I could not chance the "anal seepage". Ewwww!
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have to chime in here and say that I have had none of those "treatment effects" and fortunately have had great success with it.

For me it was a matter of desparation.

I needed some help or I was going to be in big trouble.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    When it first came on the market my mom brought me home a pamphlet to read, to see if I wanted to try it. I read through it and said "No freaking way!"
  • Annula
    Annula Posts: 2
    Options
    This month in fitness Rx is a article about it that they made research on it and it came out dangerus!
  • crispy1990
    Options
    Hi
    I tried it last year,and the squirts are really only very bad if you eat a high fat food. So I did lose weight because I watched what I ate. However here I am now just as heavy and left with a very delicate stomach that has never been the same! And a bank account that is several £'s down as they are very expensive in the UK

Karen
    x
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    :wink: I haven't tried it but did hear about the anal seepage issue and that was enough for me. I too hope YOU have better luck with it! (or without it)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I recently looked this up because I had a conversation with my endocrinologist about Orlistat. He wasn't familiar with the OTC product - ALLI, but it seems it is the same.
    I *have* tried ALLI - and I have to say that if you are already eating a diet low in fats, it will not help much. Anytime I ate a meal over 12-15g in fat, I would notice "oil slicks" in my BM's. I did not lose any weight using Alli.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Orlistat

Orlistat (marketed as a prescription under the trade name Xenical by Roche in most countries, or over-the-counter as Alli[2] by GlaxoSmithKline) in the United States, also known as tetrahydrolipstatin, is a drug designed to treat obesity.[3] Its primary function is preventing the absorption of fats from the human diet, thereby reducing caloric intake. It is intended for use in conjunction with a physician-supervised reduced-calorie diet. Orlistat is the saturated derivative of lipstatin, a potent natural inhibitor of pancreatic lipases isolated from the bacterium Streptomyces toxytricini.[4] However, due to simplicity and stability, orlistat rather than lipstatin was developed into an anti-obesity drug.[5]
    The effectiveness of orlistat in promoting weight loss is definite, though modest. Pooled data from clinical trials suggests that people given orlistat in addition to lifestyle modifications, such as diet and exercise, lose about 2–3 kilograms (4.4–6.6 lb) more than those not taking the drug over the course of a year.[6] Orlistat also modestly reduces blood pressure, and appears to prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes, whether due to weight loss itself or to other effects; in a large randomized controlled trial, orlistat was found to reduce the incidence of diabetes by nearly 40% in obese people.[7]
    Orlistat is notorious for its gastrointestinal side effects (sometimes referred to as treatment effects), which can include steatorrhea (oily, loose stools). These decrease with time, however, and are the only significant adverse effects of the drug, which appears to be safe for long-term use. In the United States, the European Union, and Australia, orlistat is available for sale without a prescription. Over-the-counter approval was controversial in the United States, with consumer advocacy group Public Citizen repeatedly opposing it on safety and efficacy grounds.[8] Generics of orlistat are available in India.
  • libtech50
    libtech50 Posts: 26
    Options
    I haven't had any oily stools as of yet. However, I am also being careful about the fat i eating as when I research Alli it state the side effects. Thanks for all the responses.