weighing scales....?

Options
Hi, I'm in desperate need of buying weighing scales, the ones at my gym are so old!

Can anyone advise whether I should buy mechanical or electric ones?? I've read that electric ones can be inaccurate?

Can anyone suggest some? I'm in the UK :-).

Replies

• ChristyJade
    ChristyJade Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Anyone? :)
  • 19jean49
    Options
    I use the weight watchers digital ones [Yasaki it says on them] They seem accurate and you can 'plumb in' your age etc. Unfortunately the display on mine is always red which says I'm obese but I live in hope of getting a green screen or even an orange one someday. Good luck
  • 19jean49
    Options
    PS I got them at weight watchers weigh in a couple of years ago but have seen the same ones on sale at Tesco. I recharge the battery every now and then [it tells you when it needs it] or you can use none rechargeable ones.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    These are the ones i use, and they have been great :)
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8334259.htm
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Uk, pretty much any scales made by Salter will be good. Search Amazon.
  • DianaGroe
    DianaGroe Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use a digital scale, which differs from the scales at my doctor's office. But what we're all looking for is the trend. So long as you stick with the same scale, you should be able to get a sense of how you're doing.
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I have digital ones from lidl. But I see Asda have Salter digital ones at a tenner, which a friend has ans she swears by them. If I neede some I would get them, Salter is a well known brand, been making scales for years, and Asda have a no quibble policy if you do not like them

No connection to either company
  • jb55mee
    jb55mee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have weightwatchers scales - bought them in argos. I've found them to be consistent. They do halfs and quarter pounds, although I don't record quarters!
  • Elphaba91
    Elphaba91 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I weigh in on the Wii! I don't do it using the WiiFit, but another fitness game that is totally non-judgmental and just shows me the numbers!
  • Titanfairy
    Options
    Where can I get weighed for free? The scales for sale in my area only go up to 350.
  • noneed94
    noneed94 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    That's not how it works, though. Digital scales use batteries so when they run low on energy, they weigh differently. It's so irritating to see an extra 5 pounds once you chance the batteries!!