Doctor NSV!

Options
I was so pleased yesterday when I went to the doctors, I asked to check up on my weight and my BMI while I was there.

The doctor couldn't believe my weight loss, said it was amazing and just kept saying "wow!"

He then asked how I did it and told me to swap seats and he would be the patient because he needs to lose some weight and wants to know everything!

He literally made me sit in the 'doctor's' seat!

Replies

• ericaknight95
    ericaknight95 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    That's very cool :) Great job! :flowerforyou:
  • Cyngen
    Cyngen Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV. Did you point your doctor to MFP?
  • Hikaru37
    Hikaru37 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Ahhhh that's amazing haha, you must be so proud! Well done :D
  • PrincessNikkiBoo
    PrincessNikkiBoo Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV. Did you point your doctor to MFP?

I did! I told him about the routines like 30DS I've been doing too :happy:
  • hadlam83
    hadlam83 Posts: 140
    Options
    Ha Ha thats awesome I love it! Congrats to you and your success :D
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I was so pleased yesterday when I went to the doctors, I asked to check up on my weight and my BMI while I was there.

The doctor couldn't believe my weight loss, said it was amazing and just kept saying "wow!"

He then asked how I did it and told me to swap seats and he would be the patient because he needs to lose some weight and wants to know everything!

He literally made me sit in the 'doctor's' seat!

made me laugh!
    brilliant
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    that's funny AND fantastic :) well done!
  • nrd2212
    nrd2212 Posts: 128
    Options
    Great job! Wish my doc had gotten that excited over my weight loss.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    That's cool :) Great job
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And congratulations on your success!
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on having a doctor who cares! I wish more would ask questions instead of just automatically prescribing whatever diet and exercise programs they learned about in medical school.

Great NSV!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I remember my fist dr. visit after I had lost 40 lbs. My dr was so please he gave me a big hug (hes also my husbands uncle so the hug wasn't creepy at all lol) Then another dr. came in who I had also seen in that practice and he was just thrilled and had this big smile on his face. He shook my hand and said way to go you look fantastic. They both asked me how I did it.

SO I can relate! Its a great feeling isn't it? 11 more pounds later and saw them yesterday while in for my son's checkup and they both said keep up the good work. I then told them it took one of the dr's in the practice pointing out my BMI to have it really click.

I think sometimes dr's are afraid to be direct with their patients.

Keep up the good work. Maybe now your dr will be able to pass on your story to others who struggle and show them that it can be done. You just have to want to do it and put in some effort.
  • wimeezer
    wimeezer Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Very cool...well done! And kudos to your doc for his enthusiasm and empowerment!
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Very cool...well done! And kudos to your doc for his enthusiasm and empowerment!

Oh i agree! That dr. is a keeper!
  • marykeblom
    Options
    I was thinking that exact same thing!!! My dr just told me congratulations in a very sarcastic way when i told her how much i had dropped, with a hormonal imbalance, underactive thyroid and shot adrenals. I have fired all my dr's right about now, i'm fed up of them. When i asked to have tests done to find out on why i'm still exhausted even on my thyroid meds, i was told i'm depressed and to go speak to someone, it turned out it's a dopamine deficiency due to my thyroid and my adrenals being shot. But she didn't want to do the tests because I wasn't obese (which i was) and i'm not anorexic. I couldn't believe my ears! I know myself and my body, i know i'm not myself. I have a few deficiencies due my health condition, how would it hurt her to do some blood tests, i can pay for them and she knows this!!
  • marykeblom
    Options
    well done to your wonderful dr btw!!!!! :D We need more of them!
    1258936 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I'm so happy for you! It's great to get that kind of positive feedback and encouragement. I esp like that he made you sit in the doc seat. lol
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Great job!!!! That must have been a great feeling.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! My doctor was also very pleased and said he wished he had my determination as he rubbed his belly! LOL

He knows i am counting calories and also ran a full vitamin panel just to make sure my diet wasn't short on anything and to see if I needed to add any supplements. He's been a great support!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!