I need your support!

I seriously need to loose at least 5 kilos! but I need someone who stops me eating in the evening! I can control myself during the day but not at night. What should I do? Could you help me with some comments and keep reminding me I need to loose weight?
Thank you so much.

31761755.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    I seriously need to loose at least 5 kilos! but I need someone who stops me eating in the evening! I can control myself during the day but not at night. What should I do? Could you help me with some comments and keep reminding me I need to loose weight?
    Thank you so much.

31761755.png

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you so much.

31761755.png

Being on a calorie deficit is hard. You can't do this journey on will power alone. You must set up your environment for success. Have a team around you in your real life, not just online. Get trigger foods out of the house. It will take some sacrifice and it's not easy. You might have to say no to some social events sometimes.

Too many changes at once can be hard on some people. I've always eaten healthy so it easy for me to simply eat less. Eating at a calorie deficit is hard on people; even a small deficit puts your body in a state of flux with hormones and such. Everyone is different. Some people can handle a deeper calorie deficit than others, this is not right or wrong, it just is. Stress in your life affects your hunger hormones; lack of sleep, fatigue, job stress, family stress, financial stress, etc. Add in emotional eating issues and it gets even more complicated. Most people can only handle so much change/stress at once, they try to do too much and fail. Sometimes it might be a better strategy to eat at maintenance and make some small changes first, it really depends on how much stress you are taking in at the moment.

This is how I did it. Started with getting rid of all of the junk in the house and got my husband and kids to help me out. Told them they could eat all the things they love that for me are not good but not eat it in the house. So the kids and my husband have some dad time going out for their ice-cream. If they all want pizza I order a nice salad for myself with grilled chicken for a healthier option. Now that i've been doing this awhile I can control myself better and now I'll have that ONE slice of pizza but keep it to once a month or even less. We've basically all sworn it off now that everyone sees how well I'm doing with my WL. ONce you get everyone on board with you and you have a lot of support you'll find it much easier to do. Don't deprive yourself. Instead learn to set limits. I still have chocolate but only one dark chocolate piece (dove dark) per day at the most. Check out fiber one bars that are only 90 calories but remember you can't eat the entire box. Just have one.
  • thank you, I have a party in my school next week, everyone will bring so much food. I shouldn't go, should I?
  • one of my friends posted she didnt want to exercise on a bad night. within minutes she got several encouragemetns & then went on to exercise past her goal of 20 mins. thats what friends can help with. post your challenges. but then make sure you have calories for the evening...
  • fit4lifeUcan2
    fit4lifeUcan2 Posts: 1,458 Member
    thank you, I have a party in my school next week, everyone will bring so much food. I shouldn't go, should I?
    I would go but bring my own healthy snacks and stick with that. If you feel you can't resist the junk foods because your not ready and don't have the will power to do so then I wouldn't go. Or go and just don't stand around the food. I had to go to a few school functions for our kids when I first started trying to lose weight and luckily they had a tray of veggies and fresh fruit so thats what I had. Grabbed a couple of grapes and baby carrots and a tiny sliver of cheddar cheese. Put that on my plate and just walked around with that. I didn't feel deprived and was still able to participate in my kids activities.
  • asaw00
    asaw00 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I allow myself to have a snack in the evening after dinner. Drink lots of water and if you feel a binge coming on brush your teeth. Try reading or doing something with your hands to keep busy, paint your nails, knit. Good Luck Its tough at night all the yummy food calls for you!!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I eat very light all day so I have some calories left in the evening.
  • ahh I know EXACTLY what you mean I am the same its like as soon as I walk through the front door at home im an eating machine. maybe we can help each other?