Help Please?!

Dashai2086
Dashai2086 Posts: 29
edited September 20 in Motivation and Support
Hello MFP,

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right area but I just had a few questions I was hoping I could get some help with.....

Question 1: What do I do to get a flatter stomach, I'm talking simple at home exercises?

Question 2: What are some good snacks that won't pack on a lot of fat, carbs, or calories?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    :flowerforyou: Hello... if you do a search on youtube you will find video exampes of crunches and other exercises that you can do at home to help you tone up and strengthen your core and flatten your tummy.

:flowerforyou: I'm not good with answering food questions as I'm a restricted type diet but I eat carrots and celery with Goat cheese or drink a Zoic (a protein drink low in calories, carbs and fat). I hope I helped a little and good luck on your journey! :bigsmile:
  • Q1: Excercise that improves your stomach muscles will do that - improve the muscle.. but the fat on top of that is reduced by burning calories through diet and excercise.. genetics play a role in where you start to notice the weight loss - for me, I lose weight in my stmach last... dont get discouraged if you dont see the initial changes you except by doing ab workouts.. :)

Q2: Air popped pocorn is low in calories, has a little protein, and is filling. Air poppers are very cheap - i got mine at walmart years ago... I pop it, add popcorn salt, and spray it with a little butter flavored pam (no calories)... its not movie theatre tasting, but I think its a good, cheap, hunger-quencher!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    I like low cal popcorn with about an ounce of cheese cut up in it. Carrot sticks are great as they are filling and add very few calories. I also like sliced up apples and yogurt. What I usually do is balance my calories between 3 meals, making sure I get protein, carb, fruit/veggie, and dairy with each meal. Then, I will only eat part of the meal and save the rest for a snack. This works for me and I never feel hungry.
  • TropicalKitty
    TropicalKitty Posts: 2,298 Member
    1. I'm assuming you've done plenty of fat loss, so you just want to tone your abs. (If you have abdominal fat, you'll have to do typical fat burning type exercises to get to a 6-pack type tummy) Pilates workouts are great for your core. You can lay on the floor and do leg lifts to engage your lower abs. To get the most of your abs, stay laying on your back, bring your knees up and crunch with hands behind ears to bring your elbows to your knees. To get your obliques (your sides), do something like a half sit up, and holding a weight (even a bag of flour or something can suffice), twist from side to side. Or you can modify the elbow/knee one so that you twist slightly and bring opposite elbow and knee together.

Also, you can google exercises. Fit TV and Exercise TV also have websites that can help you as well.

2. Veggies. Some yogurts. Protein shake - Jay Robb (uses Stevia to sweeten) or EAS.

Good luck! :)
  • Thanks!! Your comments have been helpful!! I have to stay motivated. I never used to have a gut and now I just got this one out of no where ugggh!!
This discussion has been closed.