Women 5'3" what is your goal weight???

Options
I would like to get down to 105 pounds being 5'3" and I wonder if this will be too thin?

Replies

• oohmercyme
    oohmercyme Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh in the pic? If that's current, losing anymore would be too thin IMHO.

I'm 5'3 and my realistic goal weight is 140. Possibly 130, but given my frame and muscle mass, any less than that I would look skeletal, which is not the look I am after.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I would like to get down to 105 pounds being 5'3" and I wonder if this will be too thin?

I currently weigh 109 and that is after eating a bunch of crap to gain 4 pounds up from 105 I got down to this summer. I looked HORRIBLE and did not realize it until I saw a picture of myself. My body looked great, my face looked like death.

Between 110 and 112 is what looks best on me.
  • knk1553
    knk1553 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 and mine is 115-120, however I'm not as focused on weight as body fat %, I want to be down to 16-18% body fat to start with, then maybe go down to 14%. I weighed 105-110 when I was in high school and looked borderline underweight at that size. However even though I'm petite (generally a size 0-4 depending on the store/fit/etc) my wrists are 5.5in so my bone structure is a little larger than some. I've seen some girls who are 5'3 and weigh 100lbs and look fine, just depends a lot on your body
  • ErinGBragh
    ErinGBragh Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3.5" and my goal is 120. I guess it depends on your frame. I think though that even with a small frame the lightest is around 110lb to be healthy. I was 115 lbs in high school (ballet dancer, lots of muscle) and my husband thinks I looked too thin in my old pictures. I say take it in stride. I don't know what your current weight is, but maybe if you are above 120, reassess at that weight and see if you think you look too thin. If not, reassess at 115 or 110.

Here's a good site for weight ideals based on frame:

http://www.healthchecksystems.com/heightweightchart.htm
  • SophieSLP
    SophieSLP Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My goal is 120. I've been 103 and I looked skeletal. It is too thin, in my opinion.
  • beautylovetruth
    beautylovetruth Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My goal is around 130. That's when I look healthy, feel great and have a good BMI as well. :) It really depends on what is healthy for your body and your shape.
  • leiloob
    leiloob Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2' and would like to be 135...any less and I look sick!!!
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and my goal weight is 125, I weigh 130 now but im more worried about getting muscle mass.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3 and at my goal of 130. Don't plan on losing anymore, I have great muscle tone at this weight. I am a medium build and wear a size 4 in most brands.

Depending on your build, 105 may be too thin but it is your body and your preference. If u think 105 would be too thin then it probably is.
  • ShiraDarling
    ShiraDarling Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and my goal weight is 140-145. I don't think i could get down any lower without losing muscle. So ya, 140 would be awesome!
  • bboogle
    bboogle Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5'3" and my ideal weight is between 120 -128 lbs.
  • maria_elaina
    maria_elaina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My goal was 110 pounds. In my opinion I didn't look like I was lean enough but I'd already agreed with myself I'd start on a slow bulk once I hit 110 which is what I'm doing now.
  • Aquarian
    Aquarian Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I am 5'3" and weigh 135 pounds right now, and I want to get to a weight between 115 and 120 pounds. I weighed 110 in college for a couple of years and my face looked starved even though my body looked great. So I don't want to go there again, despite having a small frame.
  • siobhandg
    siobhandg Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I think it totally depends on your body type and what you feel comfortable with.
    I am 5'3" and a half. I feel really good at 130 and anything less than 120 I look a bit sickly. The last time I was at that weight though, I had a lot of muscle from competitive training.
  • RVfrog
    RVfrog Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    5ft 3 and my goal is 130....
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I don't have a goal weight, but Do have a certain look I go for. It all depends on how you want to look.

Skinny or muscular. I am obviously going for the muscle. I don't weigh myself very often. I take my measurements and assess my health...strength, stamina, flexiblity, my athletic abilities are all taken into account.

This profile pic, I am around 130lbs and mid bulk. I gained a bit of fat, that I will shave off, but definitely gained muscle as well.
  • Barbiegirl100
    Options
    My goal weight would be 123lbs.
  • sullivans3
    Options
    I'm going for 120 :)
  • xidia
    xidia Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Toned measurements of 31/28/36 at 5' 3.5". Weight is irrelevant to me as anything other than a general indicator of progress until I get access to BF% scales. I was skinny-fat at 116 (and about 30/27/35 - bust sizes are underbust, not full bust). I have 120 as my notional MFP target, but I'm expecting to be there or heavier with the muscle I'm looking for this time around.
  • soobie
    soobie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    135 is my goal. I looked good at 135 when I was working out so was solid. I think I look healthy at that weight.