Anyone else alone for Thanksgiving??

Options
sharleengc
sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
I live in the middle of nowhere, signed divorce papers last week and it was too short of notice to afford tickets anywhere to see my family.

Overall, so far upbeat and having a good morning. Anyone else spending the day alone? What are your plans?

I'm planning on music, writing my stories, and pretending its another day!

Replies

• Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    Pick up some wine, put on some music and order a pizza!
  • GoaliesWife123
    Options
    My wife is on duty at the firehouse, my Mom is in the hospital and so we aren't having Thanksgiving dinner. I'm spending the day with Mom at the hospital and having a $5 meal from the cafeteria :) We're postponing until Mom is better.

Just take this time to be thankful for everything you have! Take the time to ENJOY yourself!
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Lol! i would but I live 60 miles from town...not quite up to making a drive. I do have pizza in the freezer though! That's getting busted out later!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I'm not alone, but I have been before. I just do whatever I do on a Thursday, sans work.
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    You can skype with friends if you have the tech.
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    So sorry you are alone for Thanksgiving. Wish you were close - I would invite you for turkey and everything else! I say stand in front of the mirror and tell yourself how awesome you look and how hard you worked to lose 68 pounds! Congrats on that loss!!!
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I live in the middle of nowhere, signed divorce papers last week and it was too short of notice to afford tickets anywhere to see my family.

Overall, so far upbeat and having a good morning. Anyone else spending the day alone? What are your plans?

I'm planning on music, writing my stories, and pretending its another day!

I'm not a TG person so yeah, I'm not doing the big meal, lots of people, TV on thing. But mine is a choice so I'm not unhappy about it.

I hope you get to spend the day doing what you find soothing to your soul.
  • needles85365
    needles85365 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Worked last night and plan to sleep all day today and go to work all night again. Same as I spent it last year.
  • RubySinclair
    RubySinclair Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Just take this time to be thankful for everything you have! Take the time to ENJOY yourself!

^^^ This!
    Remember all the Thanksgivings running around like crazy? Take this one for yourself! Do stuff for yourself you wouldn't ordinarily do and just enjoy the alone time! Try not to think of being alone as a bad thing..... that's what I'm doing. If the football game sux (which it won't, cause I'm from New England he he he) I can change the channel at will without angering anyone! :smile:
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • weldergirl15
    weldergirl15 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya chica! But to hell I'm making me a Turkey anyway!! With all the trimmings!! U can still have a great holiday when there's isn't anyone to share it with. On a side note also grabbed some spirits for a lifting of the spirits!! Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Forever alone.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    wine pizza and good movie
    that's what I would do
  • BelindaDuvessa
    BelindaDuvessa Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    Worked last night and plan to sleep all day today and go to work all night again. Same as I spent it last year.

Pretty much this, but I'm at work now. My consolation? The huge potluck we are having today. I don't get to spend it with my extended family, nor my husband or kiddos (until I get home that is).
  • jesswait
    jesswait Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Sit back and enjoy a day without driving in traffic with a bunch of crazy people, going home to see the family you thought you missed but after a few minutes start to judge you and comment on your life choices. Then eating food that isn't even good and high in calories. Skip the drunken relatives rants about how there life would have been much better if one thing had gone differently.

You have a lot to be thankful for, call your family today if you want, or just enjoy some time to yourself.
  • melonclarinet
    melonclarinet Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have spent the last 5 Thanksgivings alone (probably more)...my family is 1200 miles away and I can't afford to go there for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I tend to spend the holidays (other than Christmas) alone. It does get depressing. I hope you have a great day regardless!
  • erikaaaaaaaa
    erikaaaaaaaa Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I am! Buying two plane tickets home within the span of a month isn't economically sound atm, so I chose Christmas to go see my family. I am sad to miss my family, but it's not too bad missing out on the calorie slaughter. I'm just trying to convince them to make Thanksgiving dinner again for Christmas ;)

I'm planning on deep cleaning my house-- and patching up some walls that the paint accidentally got stripped off of. And working on supplements for my PhD applications.

Productivity?

Have a great day, y'all :))
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Actually, we do not live near family and being military we have never lived near family. What we have always done is made Thanksgiving and opened our home to others that had no where to go.

Again, this year we are not with family; our son who is now military is overseas (husband's retired now); we're having friends over that have no family near near and no where to go on Thanksgiving. I love to share with others.

Maybe you cannot make everything; but you could find others; friends that are like you, who have no place and no one to share with and all get together and create your own tradition.

((((hugs)))) to you on this Thanksgiving! May you have a blessed day!
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I am intentionally hanging out at home with cats and that's it: no travel, no stress, no drunk relatives, nothin. MAN, am I happy about it! I am going to drink this nice coffee, listen to music I like, pack up some stuff to give away or move, eat some nice vegetarian hobo stew later, putter around online, probably work on learning a little more keyboard jamming technique from random videos at youtube, and I hope not so much else--well, I did a little work on my MBA, but nothing stressful, just seeing what needs to be done and doing some easy parts. I am already cheerfully dressed like a bum in my sweats and other old clothes, and really glad to feel no pressure. Enjoy!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    since you're there alone with nothing to do....ya could always.....
    flick_ya_bean.gif \m/
  • BenChase
    BenChase Posts: 169
    Options
    <
    me too. :laugh: i have 3 separate families (sisters family, parents, and brothers family) who all live here, and all have taken a trip out of state, so i'm just sitting here finalizing plans of a tough mudder me and some friends are doing next summer :happy: now i'm done with that and it's only 10am....gonna be a long boring day today, guess i'll do some insanity now :ohwell: