Anyone else alone for Thanksgiving??

Options

Replies

• melissaharned39
    melissaharned39 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am alone today too! I just moved 6 hours away from home about 4 months ago. I plan on making and or picking up a little "thanksgiving" dinner for myself tonight! And hanging out with my dog! :) I can't wait for Sunday night when my boyfriend comes home with leftovers from the parents houses! :)
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Be thankful for the peace and quiet and do whatever your little heart desires :)

I am Canadian so I am at work today... you can be thankful you don't have to go to work too! LOL
  • nf1982
    nf1982 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Just me and the sprouts here today. Enjoy the peaceful day off, go for a walk/ run if you can.
  • karawRN
    karawRN Posts: 311
    Options
    I am working :(
  • lovza_flirt
    lovza_flirt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'll be alone most of the day then my mom will be home from work later but we aren't having anyone over till the weekend. I've been cleaning and got to look at a couple of magazines I hadn't had time for. I also plan to do a little working out today. So enjoy a relaxing day and don't think of as being alone on a holiday, treat as any other day.
  • Be_EmbracE
    Be_EmbracE Posts: 1,472 Member
    Options
    Kinda of. But thankful for ppl ard and those very support dear friends here in mfp! U know who u are ^.^ thank u n thank God!
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Sorry you have had a rough run... I am glad that you are upbeat though. At least that part of your life is over and you can now move on. At least you don't have to fight the Battle of Thanksgiving in the War on the Bulge like many on this board have to...LOL> Hope you have a great day and enjoy yourself... A good book, Relax by the fire. Go for a run. Enjoy your day.
  • tubbyelmo
    tubbyelmo Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Be thankful you are moving forward after divorce, share the day with your pets, and enjoy that pizza!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm with my family so...yes, I am very lonely right now
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    Great Day to count your blessings and enjoy the person you are! I'd pamper myself with a bottle of wine, bubble bath and all my favorite things.... make it about you and everything you have to look forward to.

Best of Luck to you on your new journey!

Happy Thanksgiving!
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yes. This will be year number 3.

GzXzXcpK6s-10.png
  • BlackStarDeceiver
    BlackStarDeceiver Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm with my family so...yes, I am very lonely right now

Hi Taunto
  • elskars
    Options
    I'll be completely alone today, which is a nice treat to myself. I'm always surrounded by people.
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I won't be alone today! But, I have been before. I have spent it talking to family that lived to far away. I also would just relax and spend time doing something I truly love and be thankful for everything that I have in the last year!

And think about all that you have to look forward to with the future.
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Actually I don't harp on it but yes, I am alone for the holiday. I don't know anyone here and my S/O is in sunny SoCal on a work trip but I AM thankful today because the other night we found out he'll be home 2 weeks early, yippee! His son is here so I'm going to make a stuffed turkey breast & stuffing cupcakes, maybe splurge & drink a microbrew :drinker:
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • MemphisKitten
    MemphisKitten Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it's just another day! Glad you are doing well. :flowerforyou:
  • sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    dang it! I forgot to get the "spirits" go go along with the pizza! That seems to be the general consensus that I should have purchased!
  • gingerveg
    gingerveg Posts: 748 Member
    Options
    We are away from family and that part really stinks :( but we are having thanksgiving dinner with friends so we aren't all alone. I hope you have a wonderful thanksgiving despite all the recent changes in your life and the fact that you are spending it alone. If you have a soup kitchen in your town (and you feel like getting out) you could always volunteer to serve food. That's always a nice thanksgiving thing to do if you can swing it. Enjoy your day at least you don't have to make food for like 12 people :) Truth is, I rather enjoy these kinds of low key thanksgivings.
  • NotThePest
    Options
    You are not alone ---- You have "Me" "Myself" and "I" that's makes three. I've done Thanksgiving alone before and depending on the type of family you have, that may be a good thing. :happy: or not, :grumble:
  • julimonster
    julimonster Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    /var/folders/bq/mrgd548x2ps2zzhs1k1xylf80000gw/T/Messages/Transfers/Messages Image(1135224349)-1.png