Been sick for a week, gotta get back on track

Options
Hey all:

I have been really sick with a nasty head cold for a week now and haven't been eating properly because I can't taste or smell anything :grumble: I am starting to feel better now and can't get back on track. I need a kick in the butt!! I have discovered that when I don't feel well, my body craves junk/processed food :noway:

Grocery shopping this week so it's time to re-stock the fridge with good healthy stuff and put away the take out menus.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :flowerforyou:

Cheers - jewel

Replies

• tntrav44
    tntrav44 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I've been sick, and the only thing I even wanted to look at to eat was Oreos! Go figure. Low sodium chicken soup helped me ease back into a healthier way of eating this week. Fruits and veggies are good, too! Good luck, glad you're feeling better!
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    homemade soup would be great
    vegi anything that you like and even if you dont like it put it in anyways cause its good for you
    fruits of course

yogurts plain of course
    lean meat will be best
    brown rice and wheat pasta
    tortillas and beans
    i think thats a good list
    of some of the verity

feel better sooner :)
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I have been sick for almost two weeks now - sinus stuff and then a really terrible bout with either food poisoning or flu - either way it was horrible. Days where I couldn't eat hardly anything at all and then days where (like you) I craved the processed, yucky foods!

For me, I eased into the eating slowly. I am still not very hungry and have to be careful not to over eat even though technically it's not, it's just so much more food than I had been eating. Also, I still don't feel well enough for the intense cardio I was doing so I am walking instead, when I can. Good luck! We can do it!
  • penash
    penash Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it's the season for allergies/head colds. I totally feel all of you...I've been sick for about a week now. I can finally breathe through my nose today, but I still can't smell or taste anything (and I have this sound in my ears like I'm underwater--Annoying!). Anyway, I"ve been eating mostly "comfort" foods for the last several days, and by that I mean fattening and high calorie foods. I didn't have any energy to workout, so by now I'm feeling totally gross and bloated.

I'm trying to get back on track. I'm probably going to go through withdrawal from all of the crap I put in my system in the last few days, but it'll pass soon enough.