from big to slim

Options
when you are big you have a lot of stretch marks but i got thinking are they still there when you get slimmer???
i was told to put lotion on them (coco-butter) alot of people recommend. does it really work???? cause i got soooo many stretch marks that im even afraid to even show my body even when i do get slim...

what kind do you guys use. do you have to keep putting it on after the stretch marks goes away?

Replies

• FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options

works very well? O_o
    cause ill tell my mom to buy it the next time we head to the store
  • Gogo
    Gogo Posts: 9,942 Member
    Options
    when you are big you have a lot of stretch marks but i got thinking are they still there when you get slimmer???
    i was told to put lotion on them (coco-butter) alot of people recommend. does it really work???? cause i got soooo many stretch marks that im even afraid to even show my body even when i do get slim...

what kind do you guys use. do you have to keep putting it on after the stretch marks goes away?

Sorry to break it to you, but stretch marks never go away. They are essentially where your skin has broken, like a scar. When you get smaller they become less noticable, but you will set yourself up for heartbreak if you expect them to go completely away. :ohwell:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options

Sorry to break it to you, but stretch marks never go away. They are essentially where your skin has broken, like a scar. When you get smaller they become less noticable, but you will set yourself up for heartbreak if you expect them to go completely away. :ohwell:

awe D: that totally sucks D: i was hoping they gooooo away D: damn... i wish i never gotten this big D:
    i got soooo many... i dont think ill ever wear a bikini when i do get slim... *sigh* its less noticeable but coco-butter do help right?
  • AmberMommyTo2G1B
    AmberMommyTo2G1B Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Gogo is 100% correct. Whoever tells you they will go away is LYING to you. I even talked to my obgyn when I was pregnant with my daughter. She said they will always be there. They will just be lighter. And it is true. I got horrible stretch marks across my belly from being pregnant. But they are my normal skin color now so. I know it sucks but it is part of life.
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    I have them from being pregnant, and no, they don't go away when you lose the weight. Mine have faded though and blend into my super pale skin. I don't even notice them anymore unless I'm really looking.
  • LostTeen
    LostTeen Posts: 110
    Options
    works very well? O_o

I've only started using it so no idea if it works

Have a look at the other cocoa butter products

http://www.vaseline.co.uk/Carousel.aspx?Path=Consumer/OurProducts/CocoaButterRange
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options

awe D: that totally sucks D: i was hoping they gooooo away D: damn... i wish i never gotten this big D:
    i got soooo many... i dont think ill ever wear a bikini when i do get slim... *sigh* its less noticeable but coco-butter do help right?

Just about any kind of lotion will help them fade. It's the moisture, not necessarily the cocoa butter.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    well that sucks biiiiiiig monkey balls D:
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    works very well? O_o

I've only started using it so no idea if it works

Have a look at the other cocoa butter products

http://www.vaseline.co.uk/Carousel.aspx?Path=Consumer/OurProducts/CocoaButterRange

thanks chica ill take a look at them :)
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options

Just about any kind of lotion will help them fade. It's the moisture, not necessarily the cocoa butter.

ok sooo when i do get slim and i want to tan will it be noticeable? or will it just seem like my skin then? D:
    cause i got pretty decent tan skin color...
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    they become very much less noticeable. and if you tan well, than they will be practically invisible. It will take a while for them to go, so don't be too hard on yourself and impatient...after about a year at your new slim weight, they will be as invisible as they are gonna get...
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    they become very much less noticeable. and if you tan well, than they will be practically invisible. It will take a while for them to go, so don't be too hard on yourself and impatient...after about a year at your new slim weight, they will be as invisible as they are gonna get...

ok thank you. i think that will help keep me sane. instead of insane LOL
    that would be bad bad.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    thank you everyone for taking your time to read :) i think i feel better about the whole stretch mark and if i dont ill just come back and read it again lol
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Girl, don't worry about it when you're wearing a bikini. I have stretch marks all over my sides (that's where I carry most of my weight when I gain), my thighs (I've barely noticed them lately!!) and my boobs (which have almost completely disappeared. I tan very easily and in the summer you can't even see them unless you're right up on me and looking for them. So just moisturize them and once you've lost the weight, don't fret. MOST people have them, so you're not the only one and it's not like everyone cares that you gained weight once, y'know? :)
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    Girl, don't worry about it when you're wearing a bikini. I have stretch marks all over my sides (that's where I carry most of my weight when I gain), my thighs (I've barely noticed them lately!!) and my boobs (which have almost completely disappeared. I tan very easily and in the summer you can't even see them unless you're right up on me and looking for them. So just moisturize them and once you've lost the weight, don't fret. MOST people have them, so you're not the only one and it's not like everyone cares that you gained weight once, y'know? :)

thank you sooooo much that just boosted my self esteem for when i do get slim :)<3
    yay! <3 i cant wait for next year :)
    literally cant <3

thanks everyone:love::flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • nimiry
    nimiry Posts: 20
    Options
    heyhey- just another thing:
    I don't know how about america... but in germany the doctors can pull them out like with a needle or so... if you lose a lot of weight most insurances pay it here (because you're already healthier when you're not obese) ... just one thing: I heared that it can be really painful...
    I don't know how strong they are... they sure get less noticable after a while... but maybe you can just ask your doctor about it...maybe he can help you or give you more informations on it... but I'm sure you can live with them too... I have ugly embosses on my legs and knees because of different accidents.. .I hate'em... feel like I don't have nice legs anymore, although this was the only part of my body that I somehow liked (my biggest problem is my belly *lol*) well but I will have to live with it... I just know that after a while they will disappear at least a little bit (the one huge emboss is from this year- I fell in glass...) .. but I guess everyone has his own positive and negative sides =)
  • marieca
    marieca Posts: 7
    Options
    there's a really good cocoa butter at the body shop. it's one of the highest concentrated cocoa butter moisturizers. you can get it in the body butter or a stick.
    they won't go away completely but it does help to fade them a significant amount.
    when my aunt was pregnant she used it BEFORE she got bigger, and she never got stretch marks.
    i started using it on my hips and it has helped to fade them.
    but i use the cocoa butter body wash and the cocoa butter body scrub with the body butter as well.