P90X and loving it!!

Options
On day 22 of P90X and using this site to log in calories and proteins etc....... Like the site add me up if your a P90X Man or Woman!!
BRING IT!

Replies

• rtrautmann
    Options
    I'm literally about to try out the yoga for the first time. I don't have any other part of the program, a friend of mine is letting me borrow it. How do you factor in the calories burned?
  • JJRunning
    JJRunning Posts: 146
    Options
    That's awesome! I've been thinking about trying P90X. I've been doing 30 day shred for a while. How do you like it? Are you seeing results? How long are the work outs?

Thanks!!
  • casshole
    casshole Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I love p90x! I started several months ago and went for about the first month, but then complications came up and I had to put it on pause. I could see and feel a difference. Just started it again yesterday and I already love it! Ive heard the regular workouts are supposed to burn about 600 calories for the appx hour, as far as yoga and ab ripper and stuff, I have no idea, but Im looking for the information too! Best of Luck! :wink:
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    I'm literally about to try out the yoga for the first time. I don't have any other part of the program, a friend of mine is letting me borrow it. How do you factor in the calories burned?

under the cardio section here at MFP there's a Hatha yoga field that can do the trick...it definitely understimates the calories a bit since what is in yoga X is essentially vinyasa yoga, but better to be on the safe side when doing your calorie counting.

edit: @ Cass - you really want to watch out. The 600 calories per workout is most likely a gross exaggeration if you are just starting out with this (ie dont have the muscle mass and do as many reps/weights as they do). So you may find you won't lose weight if you try to eat back 600 everyday...i'd get a hrm with calories burned reading to make sure, or ask other p90xers.
  • rtrautmann
    Options
    Okay, so I did about 20 minutes of the yoga.
    I'm not the most physically fit, lets face it, but that was really hard and not at all what I thought I'd be in for.

I think I'd like to try something a little more basic. The fact that you have to go into plank after every single exercise really kills me.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    Try P90 instead of P90x - i hear its still quite effective from friends that are doing it.
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Mark glad to hear that you are loving P90x!!! I am on my third week and starting to see a lot more strength this week!

I agree with mworld! I have NEVER burned 600 calories on my HRM in a workout with P90X. I bring it pretty hard and with Kenpo, Cardio,core and Ab ripper (have not done plyo yet) I do all the reps. With the lifting ones I do all except when it comes to the pull ups. You really need a HRM when doing p90x (in my opinion) don't make guesses.

BRING IT!!!!
  • marksnet
    marksnet Posts: 11
    Options
    Because it is yogax I am logging it as low impact aerobics because my heart rate gets in my target area!! Hope this helps!
  • marksnet
    Options
    workouts are typically and hour and yes my inches are going away where they need to and building up where they need too. My scales are moving but slowly. Im guessing Im adding muscle and losing fat. The scales are not the measure of success in the first part of p90x.
  • marksnet
    Options
    workouts are typically and hour and yes my inches are going away where they need to and building up where they need too. My scales are moving but slowly. Im guessing Im adding muscle and losing fat. The scales are not the measure of success in the first part of p90x.
  • marksnet
    Options
    My wife goes back to plank on her knees and does cobra instead of upward dog! Hope this helps!! Remember these guys on the videos are masters at technique and graduates of the plan!
    I would stick with P90X do your best forget the rest!!

Lemme know!
  • caterpillardreams
    caterpillardreams Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I just finished day 10. P90X is hard but I really like it. Love/hate relationship. Good luck to all on the P90X journey.
  • jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    When it comes to yogax, if the begginning is too hard, skip the first 40 minutes or so of the extreme yoga and just do the balance and abs part-always doing something is better than nothing.