First 5K - DONE!!!

Options
Three months ago, I started the C25K program and could barely run 5 minutes before getting winded. Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and signed up for my first 5k - a Cross Country Turkey Trot. And today? I -RAN- that sucker...the entire 3+ miles...and finished in 35:07! Not too bad for a first-timer! :)

Replies

• Annieminnesota
    Annieminnesota Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! Congrats and be careful... running is addictive :)
  • slugkiller
    slugkiller Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm celebrating my first one today too
    Smugness for us :wink:
  • weloveourboys
    weloveourboys Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Amazing, especially for a first timer! Congratulations!
  • BAFilek
    BAFilek Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I run regularly and finished my Turkey Trot in 32 minutes - you're not far behind me!
  • Nalazirk
    Options
    Great work! Gotta feel great! :)
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    WOOOO HOOOOO!!!! Watch out. . .running is addicting!! :-)
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Today I did my turkey trot in about 37 min!!!
    You are awesome!!!
  • Fred4point0
    Fred4point0 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome job. The first was is always the best one. Watch out...they're addicting! LOL!
  • luvsyoga
    luvsyoga Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Fab, fab, fab!! I learned to run this past summer, ran a 5k race, signed up for more!! Don't stop now!!
  • nicholjenny
    nicholjenny Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Did my 5k this morning in 35 flat! 3rd race this year... times are getting faster!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your first (of many I hope) 5K. Isn't it an awesome feeling crossing that finish line?

Fab, fab, fab!! I learned to run this past summer, ran a 5k race, signed up for more!! Don't stop now!!

Hey I like your shirt (I have its twin in a bigger size....:happy: .)
  • twilight_princess
    twilight_princess Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Great work and time. I remember my first 5k in January and how great I felt for the achievement. Just like someone else said be prepared for the running addiction!!!
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Three months ago, I started the C25K program and could barely run 5 minutes before getting winded. Two weeks ago, I bit the bullet and signed up for my first 5k - a Cross Country Turkey Trot. And today? I -RAN- that sucker...the entire 3+ miles...and finished in 35:07! Not too bad for a first-timer! :)

That is an awesome time!! Congrats to you!!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Not bad at all. :-)
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I ran my first ever 5K this morning after avoiding running my entire life! LOL My goal was to run non-stop, didn't make it, but my time was 30.06. I can see how these things can be addictive. Looking forward to improving my time on the next one.
  • AEFidgets
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I did my first 5k of this year (I used to run but haven't in a long time) today. I feel so accomplished today!
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I ran my first 5k at the end of 2010. I ran a time of about 26 minutes. The times went down substantially with every 5k. And then two years later and last weekend I finally did myself proud by running in under 20 minutes for the first time in a time of 19 minutes exactly.
  • MindyBlack
    MindyBlack Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    That's a terrific time! Congrats. My son did his first 5k this morning. Watch out because it is addictive. I did my first in February and next month I will do my 16th.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I did my first 5k of this year (I used to run but haven't in a long time) today. I feel so accomplished today!

Well done. It always feels amazing when you do it for the first time and it gets better as you do it more. The times improve as well as you get fitter and stronger. Keep it up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!