Female heavy lifting friends

Options
Hi there,

I want to start heavy lifting but am a bit lost where to start nutrition and routine wise. Any girls out there who want to share their routines and diaries? Feel free to add me!

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    There's a group for lady lifters here although it's not very active:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/771-women-strength-training

And the New Rules of Lifting 4 Women group is pretty active and you'll find lots of general lifting topics here as well as those specific to people following the plan.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/102-new-rules-of-lifting-for-women-nrol4w

If you're looking for guidance in terms of a starting point, NROL4W is often recommended as a beginner plan, as is Starting Strength.

I'm relatively new to lifting heavy (<6 months) but love it.
  • nacs246
    nacs246 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Join the IPOARM group and you will get loads of help and information too :D. Feel free to add me as well. Love weight lifting:love:
  • healthinside
    healthinside Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanx for the links! :)
  • soph501
    soph501 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I had finished stage 1 of NROLFW but it got a bit time consuming and complicated to fit into my schedule so I've now started Stronglifts 5x5. I'm not lifting much weight yet but looking to progress! :) Good luck with your goals.
  • Mary10091982
    Mary10091982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also very keen to start lifting.. I dont have any great advice yet. But looking to share ideas
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I Love the new rules of lifting for women, seriously I saw results after the first section and I'm overweight still by 90 lbs.

I wrote a fairly extensive blog post if you want to have a look x

http://weightwars.co.uk/2012/09/end-of-stage-one-nrolfw/
  • hen1946
    hen1946 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 66 and this summer I built what my friends and I jokingly call "the great wall of china" . I liked what it did for my OLD body. I have muscles where I never thought I would have them again (Even lost the underarm old lady flab) Signed up yesterday in the (only) local gym to start lifting. Hope they are certified to teach (place looked pretty rundown) so I will not hurt myself too much. I am looking forward to learn more>
  • healthinside
    healthinside Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Yeah! I'm not alone :)

Thanx for the tips and support so far! Any more female lifters out there?
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I've been power and olympic lifting on/off since 2006 - I've done some coaching and I'm happy to share ideas and such. Feel free to add.
  • aqua_marine_light
    Options
    bump
  • ccmandel
    ccmandel Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I lift but follow my own program. Had a back injury and surgery last year so chose not to do NROLFW OR StrongLifts as I can't go back there.

Really enjoying lifting that I am doing..seeing wonderful body changes even though comparatively I'm probably not lifting as heavy as some of the ladies,,,still...ALL GOOD,

Add me if you like!

Susan