Up and Down, now 153 pounds lighter!

Options
Update: It was one year ago today that I recommitted to a healthy lifestyle. I was on vacation and back up to 250 pounds, after an effort in 1999 where I achieved 190 pounds in peak condition (5% bodyfat). There were many ups and downs in between and I've struggled all my life. I was 10 pounds at birth and 145 pounds by age 8. By the end of high school I weighed 345 pounds and later peaked at 356 pounds. My waist was 54 inches.

Today, one year later after making my recommitment, and over 14 years after I first started on this journey, I am 203.5 pounds, have 19 inch arms, am wearing 34 waist jeans, can run distances, and am one of the strongest guys in serious gyms. This coming year, I will run a half and then a full marathon.

I will set some new strength records. I will encourage others while I reach for new heights and enjoy the process. Nobody believed I could do it. When I walked in the gym in 1998, I was laughed at. Doctors told me I was going to die. My family thought I was wasting my time. I had a girl tell me to give up and die. What nobody realized though is that I would decide my own destiny. My whole life has improved as I've learned so much about loving myself and others.

Thank you for sharing some of your life with me, I'm confident that you will succeed. #maximumresults

Replies

• maro_p
    maro_p Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    What an amaizing journey! Well done
  • deadlights
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Truly inspirational!
  • CountryGal83
    CountryGal83 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! I'm starting out on my journey (again) and I'm hoping I'm able to have a success story like yours! Great job!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Glad you provided them wrong, 13 year ride pretty intense.
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Wow, you are such an inspiration. You should be so proud of yourself :)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Options
    Wow, you've come a long way! Congrats on your achievements :drinker:
  • letmebeda1_wechange
    Options
    thank you for sharing your success. i'm proud of you
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    wow great story, way to go, im sure that girl would not be telling you to give up and die now, you look great!!
  • downtome
    downtome Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Your AWESOME! Good job! It feels so good, doesn't it? :wink:
  • SusanDoesIt
    SusanDoesIt Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Making yourself and your health the absolute highest priority...that's the key, and you found it. Bravo.
  • ladytinkerbell99
    ladytinkerbell99 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    Amazing journey you were on. Best present you gave yourself was NEVER giving up. Congratulations!! :flowerforyou:
  • gjulie
    gjulie Posts: 391
    Options
    Self belief is everything! its hard to do it when others give up on you!well done for staying the pace!:flowerforyou:
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspirational, I also have struggled with my weight most of my life, well ever since I turned 13, my weight constantly goes up and down no matter what I do. So your story inspires me to keep going, because this morning I was thinking (after regaining the kilo I lost last week) "what is the point!!!! But there is a point and that is to 'keep going!"
    Thanks so much for sharing your journey so far, would love for you to share pics.
  • Maximumresults
    Options
    Thank you all;)
  • Jasminebianca
    Jasminebianca Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • USMC1968
    USMC1968 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    WOW... great ... good for you...
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    Amazing journey and Awesome amount of weight loss! congrats to you! well done!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow and you don't look like you could have ever been overweight. People gave up on me too, made it even harder to change. So glad you've managed to do this. I'm hoping you well and truly know there's no going back this time. Well done!
  • GrammyPammy145
    GrammyPammy145 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome personal life story! Fighting a lifetime of fat and unhealthy habits is hard.. and a real struggle. But you are living proof it's not impossible!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!!!
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You look very strong and healthy; good job; keep it up
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!