ANY HOCKEY PLAYERS!?

Options
What's up guys? Just seeing if there are any fellow hockey players out there on MFP.

Replies

• HockeyDadMN
    HockeyDadMN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to be...now I just play hockey with my kids and at the outdoor rink in the winter. That's what happens when you get old. :smile:
  • ptjolsen
    ptjolsen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Former High School, College Club team.....now it's just beer league :)
  • MsP90X
    MsP90X Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I am a hockey Mom, does that count?
  • SpartyOn33
    SpartyOn33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Played AAA travel for 7 years when I was younger.. But since I moved to TX, there is not a rink within 200 miles! :-(
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I love to watch hockey, will that work?
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    FYI...I like Hockey Players....
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Have lots of friends who play hockey, and I work for a professional team! Does that count?
  • indigo_rose
    Options
    I play field hockey :-s probably not the hockey your referring too right ;-p
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am a goalie, still playing D1/D2 adult leagues. Get a couple forwards and we got a team
  • ctooch99
    ctooch99 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Goaltender - 30+ A level - NJ
  • gregelz
    Options
    Hey guys! A lot of you responded so I can't respond to everyone, but I love it! Gives me something to read and talk about. Well first off I'm Greg. I'm 23, and yes you're right I play and am talking about Ice Hockey haha. I'm just a bum now playing the beer leagues or as normal people would call it rec. leagues. I used to be semi-pro which is where my fitness aspect comes from, so when I train I train hard! I'm from out on the island in New York, I've played hockey all over the continent though. Love it! I also work for the Ferraro Brothers and for those who don't know they were drafted in the draft by the New York Rangers, and played together in the NHL, AHL and ECHL all over together. We now run instructional clinics and camps for the kids all over Long Island. It's awesome! I play all sorts of levels of hockey now, from the higher divisions which include most notably Benoit Hogue, down the the lower divisions because some of my friends aren't as good, but I love to have fun with them so I suffer. Thank for sharing everyone!!
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yo dude! I played college D2 club. Just playing in the biggest beer leagues here in the US for now...would love to play abroad to get some traveling in. I have a friend playing in England right now and he used to play in Oz. Best experience he's had so far. What's your lifting schedule like? It's hard for me to gain muscle cause I play hockey so frequently. I might need to cut back on my cardio.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS ROCK!
  • Daniloveshockey94
    Daniloveshockey94 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    YES!! I play hockey! Feel free to add me!! :)
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I'm a hockey mom, my son is a squirt. I played one game vs. the kids and played D... I was terrible!
  • Jen32285
    Jen32285 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I grew up with a hockey playing brother. I played for a year. Trying to get my kids into it. I had my daughter out on the ice back in the spring time.
  • PHLLLY
    PHLLLY Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    the hockey mom's with mites/squirts now are so hot! MILFS for sure.
  • dhakiyya
    dhakiyya Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I used to play hockey, in defence (usually) totally miss it would love to play again :)
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I love love love hockey! I play, but not seriously cause I kinda suck lol! And mostly road hockey because I don't know that I could skate and stick handle at the same time! I'll get out on the river with the boys once it freezes to see how tipsy I am this year haha! My boys play for Stirling Ontario which just won Kraft hockeyville!! Lots of NHL'ers around the rink lately! Fun times for sure!!
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I was a hockey player when girls couldnt play hockey so I was born to early. I played at the parks with all the boys but my dad (who was the boys high school coach) would not let me play organized hockey. I enjoyed watching my brother play in high school. He was drafted by the Edmonton Oilers back when Gretzsky was there. My bro also played under Herb Brooks and remained close up until Herbie's untimely passing. His college years were played at the University of Minnesota - Go Gophers! Now I enjoy watching my son play, who is a senior in high school. Hockey is a great sport!! Oh and did I mention that the day I was born was the first time my high school was in the state tournament and my dad couldnt go to the game because my mom was in labor - oh and when we finally won the consolation championship and my dad was able to watch it on TV - he FINALLY took my mom to the hospital. I have great memories of many of the rinks in Minnesota!! Thanks for posting this thread!