Replies

• Chelseaax
    Chelseaax Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Thanks Guys I'll try some of those :)
  • Livingdeadgirl44
    Livingdeadgirl44 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Today I had Yoo Moo frozen yogurt, its 125 calories a serving and is really tasty!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    dates stuffed with mascarpone (you can top them with candied pecans as an option). Your friends will be wowed if you serve at a party. They look fancy, but only take 5 mins to make :)
  • piratesaregrand
    piratesaregrand Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    i peel and break a banana into four then freeze.

then i chuck it in the food processor with 3/4 tablespoon of cocoa and some vanilla essance and blend till its like soft serve.

the freezing of the banana is the most important part, otherwise you land up with sad mush :(
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Can of pure pumpkin mixed with a box of chocolate cake mix. Bake as directed. Yummy moist muffins and a serving of veggies!!! Beware these are delish! My kids love them too!

We tried these! OMG, they were wonderful!
  • BigDnSW
    BigDnSW Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    1 slice of Food for Life - Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Bread toasted, topped with 1 tbs. of almond butter and a bit of clover honey and cinnamon. Very healthy...very tasty...if I have the cals available, no cinnamon and top with dark chocolate pieces (just enough for taste)...
  • vzryder
    vzryder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good dessert recipes that are healthier then the usual pudding and whatnot? :)

Excuse me , can I please hi jack or interupt here?

Few days ago I saw in here somewhere someone had posted 2 ingredients recipes?? for banana and oats biscuits or similar, can't find it now :(

Can anyone help me please?

Good luck with your question, looking forward to your answers
    Happy health!
  • stbrad6896
    Options
    I like chocolate hazelnut butter on crackers or apples, make a fruit salad with marshmallows in it, mini apple pie cooked in the apple with pie crust over just the top... just hollow out a granny smith apple and peel and slice another apple like honey crisp, toss it in sugar/honey and cinnamon then put it in the apple, then thaw a premade pie crust, cut out a circle, set it on top and bake it. Those are yummy and cute. fruit dipped in chocolate... I've been thinking about trying my hand at making a cheesecake that uses lowfat cream cheese and greek yogurt instead of sour cream... maybe marscapone cheese.... You could also make no bake cookies with steel cut oats, peanut or almond butter, coconut oil and cocoa powder... just think of desert you already like then try to come up with ways to make them healthier - add more fruit, use healthier oils or less butter or applesauce, cut down the amount of crust by putting it only on the bottom or top... and use as little refined sugar as possible... if you need to sweeten try to use honey or agave nectar. but i find fruit is usually a great sweetener on it's own
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Here are my modifications for chocolate cupcakes. The only negative with them is they stick to the cupcake wrappers a bit. I used this recipe, but made a few changes: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-cupcakes/detail.aspx I switched all purpose flour for King Arthur whole wheat flour. I used skim milk. I used only one cup of sugar. I switched the butter for 3 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce. The only other thing I added was 3 scoops of Pure Protein vanilla whey powder. I managed to make 19 cupcakes, they rise a bit, so I only filled the cups 3/4 of the way.

They worked out to about 115 calories, 7 grams of protein and 2 grams of fiber.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Check out http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/ I'm yet to make any of her recipes but they look awesome!!!

I second this! I've made a bunch of her recipes. Some are DELICIOUS and some weren't bad but I wouldn't make again.
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    bump
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    take some ricotta cheese (good quality one, I suggest Belgioioso or similar). Fresh is even better. Add some sugar (to your taste) and some liquor (limoncello would be perfect, but any other can do) and freeze it in cups. Remove it from the freezer before dinner and by the end of your meal it will be soft... sprinkle it with cinnamon.

It tastes a bit like gelato, but way lighter...

Enjoy

Wow... that sounds really amazing, I am going to try something like that! Thank you :)
  • rabhair1601
    rabhair1601 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    FROZEN BERRIES 80G SERVING AND 0% NATURAL YOGHURT 100g approx
    yummy and all for about 90 cals
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good dessert recipes that are healthier then the usual pudding and whatnot? :)

Few days ago I saw in here somewhere someone had posted 2 ingredients recipes?? for banana and oats biscuits or similar, can't find it now :(

Happy health!
  • Mom0819
    Mom0819 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

Happy health!

Sorry about the first - don't know what I am doing - found the original post.........

2 old bananas 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc.
  • kokoforskinny
    kokoforskinny Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Sonya139
    Sonya139 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Check out www.skinnytaste.com.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

I like greek yogurt with vanilla stevia.

PB2 (peanut butter powder with most of the oil removed), stevia, yogurt and/or cottage cheese.

One slice of sour dough bread, a super light coating of butter, a super light coating of raw honey, sprinkled with cinnamon.

Any combination of melons, apples, pairs, sometimes cucumbers mixed in, frozen or fresh blueberries or other fresh berries, with a bit of yogurt and vanilla stevia.

I know you don't want the pudding but one of my favorite occasional treats is 1/2 a ciabatta roll, cut in half once again, toasted and cooled, topped with a sugar free chocolate snack pack. I tried it when I was desperate one day waiting in the truck for my husband and he had it in his lunch box, LOL, I swear it tasted like a chocolate eclair at the time and maybe it's the memory of that but I love that on occasion (even though I pretty much don't like to have "chemical" foods). But I've let some of that go since I'm a recovered 100% organic fanatic (I mean fanatic). I eat mostly organic and "process" most of my own dishes, but I've learn to let a few things go for my sanity and I realize now it won't kill me now and then to have a chemical sugar free ingredient on occasion.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options

Happy health!

Sorry about the first - don't know what I am doing - found the original post.........

2 old bananas 1 cup quick or old fashioned oats Seriously. That's it. Just mash the bananas and mix in the oats. It's okay if there are still some small chunks of bananas. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. You can also add things like chocolate chips, walnuts, raisins, etc.

Oh yes! Or sometimes just old fashioned oatmeal with a few apple slices, cinnamon, a dash of honey or maple syrup, or (only on occasion sugar free maple syrup - yeah I know it's got the chemical sweetener in it!) and/or a few nuts, or leave out the apples slices and just mix in some PB2.
  • MMark2012
    MMark2012 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    !You can grill Pineapple(if you find it ripe), then add a TBS of Greek yogurt, and fresh ginger!
    I must do that again. I haven't done it in quite awhile! lol It is good to have a warm fruit like that!
    You can also cut up an apple, into small pieces, leaving skin on, but core it, then microwave it for 1 minute. The natural sugars are released and you have homemade apple sauce(really apple pieces) I did do that today. I just labeled it as I courtland apple!
    :smile: