So close I can almost taste it.....

Options
I started my journey at 117.4kg back on Jan 30th this year, I set myself a goal weight of 80kg, this morning I weighed in at 80.4kg, so like my topic says I'm so close to my goal now can't wait to see 80.0 on the scale.
I would also like to say thanks to everyone on here, I don't post a lot but I do read a lot of the topics and they have helped me immensely with advice, it's really helped me achieve my goal.

Replies

• longingforcontrol
    Options
    oh wow, amazing achievement!!
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Youre practically there. Well done!!!!
  • nancycaregiver
    nancycaregiver Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Way to go!
  • SandiHobbs
    SandiHobbs Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thats a very impressive loss! Well done! Keep at it .5 of a KG will slip away before you know it
  • jodis21
    jodis21 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

What a great transformation. I am in a very similar situation, so very close to my goal weight. I started in Oct 2011 at 111kgs and 162cm tall, so very obese for my height. My goal weight is 55kgs and I am currently sitting on 56.4kg.

I am sure we will both make it very very soon. It's amazing what clean eating, exercise and a bit of guts and determination can do. Good luck :0)
  • djl1977
    Options
    Thanks all of u :)
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow, awesome effort! Congratulations! (Nice Eagles jersey too! :D)
  • Ghette
    Ghette Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    :drinker: Way to go! Watch out New Year,here you come!:drinker:
  • djl1977
    Options
    Hi there,

What a great transformation. I am in a very similar situation, so very close to my goal weight. I started in Oct 2011 at 111kgs and 162cm tall, so very obese for my height. My goal weight is 55kgs and I am currently sitting on 56.4kg.

I am sure we will both make it very very soon. It's amazing what clean eating, exercise and a bit of guts and determination can do. Good luck :0)

I am 174cm myself, at 80kg I'm still considered in the overweight side (albeit just) of the BMI scale, however with my frame I think 80 suits me. Congrats to you too, exercise YES guts and determination DEFINITELY, however the "clean" eating part I didn't change as much as most people I read about, i cut a lot of sugar out sure, but I still eat pizza, McDonald's from time to time, chocolate, still snack twice a day, my big eating "accomplishment" was portion control, ate the same just less of it, now I'm not saying this will work for everyone, I think healthy eating is great if that's the way you want to go, but portion control will work without ditching the food we love to eat.
  • djl1977
    Options
    Wow, awesome effort! Congratulations! (Nice Eagles jersey too! :D)

Cheers
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    You are there. Congrats.
  • MsAmy2021
    MsAmy2021 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! That is amazing :happy:
  • Sweetfi
    Sweetfi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That must feel really good! Congrats!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    wtg.
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That's amazing, well done you!! I hope you see that magic number on the scale in the next couple of days! :)
  • Nukkers
    Nukkers Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    That's amazing! You're doing great! And I'm like you, I read wayyy more than I post! Haha
  • bellygoaway
    bellygoaway Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    In math terms you have already made it. You would round down in this case since it is under .5. Who knew you would love math so much :smile:
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You must feel so good right now!
  • djl1977
    Options
    Well I did it, yesterday I saw 80.0 on the scale, was very happy indeed, today (I'm a daily weigher) i saw 79.5 haven't been in the 70s since I was in my late teens :)
  • NCchar130
    NCchar130 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That must be so exciting. Can't wait to arrive at goal myself!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!