any tips on snacking

Options
I am new to this site. And I have a problem with snacking at work. I can get say a small bag of fritos and it will last me several days. But my biggest downfall is cookie. Anyone have any tips on what I could bring to my job to snack on that does not require to be in the fridge or tastes bad?

Ree0918

Replies

• JlenniferL
    JlenniferL Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Sugar free jello which is 5 calories for 1/2 cup and 10 calories with fat free whip cream.
    Air popped popcorn with ICBINB (I an't believe it's not butter)spray.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Protein bars.

I usually get a bar and cut it up into tiny pieces and reach for that when I have a need to snack.

Honestly though, if you don't have it at hand you probably won't go for it. Take a healthy snack like fruit/nuts to work and then do not even walk by vending machines.
  • REE0918
    Options
    Thanks for the tips. I will give them a try.
  • Torgrills
    Torgrills Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I just got back on the wagon, but I'll offer this tip! I break my meals up into 6 small instead of 3 large and 2 snacks, and I spread them out approximately every 3-4 hours including a protein and a carbohydrate. The result is that I'm never hungry. I'll pair things like an apple and a wedge of cheddar cheese, yogurt with a sprinkle of granola or Cheerios, half a turkey or chicken sandwich on whole wheat, etc. I'm a home care nurse and am continually on the road going from place to place, so packing all these snacks into a cooler the night before really helps.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site. And I have a problem with snacking at work. I can get say a small bag of fritos and it will last me several days. But my biggest downfall is cookie. Anyone have any tips on what I could bring to my job to snack on that does not require to be in the fridge or tastes bad?

Ree0918

I had one of these at my desk last holiday season

BALLOTIN140_75881_01.jpg?sw=475&sh=475