Walk at Home Challenge!

Options
Hi everyone! I would like to have a Walk at Home Challenge!
I'd like to do it for at least six weeks.

Some Guidelines (You don't have to follow, just to help us out)

1. Any walk at Home workout will work. I am doing Leslie Sansone's Walk Slim. 10bucks at walmart.
2. Tell your progress
a. How you feel
b. weightloss
c. is it fun? I absolutely love Leslie Sansone workouts!
I think it will be easier if we stick together and let each other know how we are doing and motivate one another.

Good Luck!

Replies

• chubbytammy
    Options
    That sounds GREAT count me in this old lady can use all the help and support I can get!!!
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I would love to do this! I don't have a dvd yet but I am thinking about borrowing one from my mom and I know she has several Leslie Sansone's workouts. I have several autoimmune issues so some days are harder then others but I figured Hey! I can at least walk every day right?

Should we post everyday updates?
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I would love to do this! I don't have a dvd yet but I am thinking about borrowing one from my mom and I know she has several Leslie Sansone's workouts. I have several autoimmune issues so some days are harder then others but I figured Hey! I can at least walk every day right?

Should we post everyday updates?

There is a possibility that I have Lupus so I know about how you feel. I started back in December doing the workouts everyday. I felt great! Then the begining of last month I just completely fell off the wagon and I think working together with others doing something in common is great way to get tips, support, and understanding. :smile:
  • Lizzard70
    Lizzard70 Posts: 14
    Options
    I to bought 2 of her dvds, they are great. I enjoy them. i was doing 3 miles one day 4 miles the next 3 then 4....back and forth. Makes me feel good. Just a reminder to eat the extra calories you are burning because if not you stop losing like i did. I thought great im keeping with in my 1600 calories and burning over 500 with these workouts. Im going to lose lose lose....not the case until i did some research and read to make sure you eat those extra calories your burning ( with good choice foods ). Id love to be held accountable on my walking.
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    Sounds fun! I've been walking more lately and it would be nice to be in a walking group. Just got some new walking shoes that are designed for shaping and toning as you walk. Been using them since I got them last week. Makes a person want to walk more.

Glad to be on here!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Alright everyone. I hope you had a great time working out. Sometime between now and Saturday I am going to go run a mile and time myself and then after six weeks doing the walk at home exercises I am going to run the mile again and see if it helps me improve any. Keep up the good work fellow myfitness pallers! :flowerforyou:
  • RoxieFoston
    Options
    Count me in also. I have been struggling. Need the encouragement.
  • irismoon
    irismoon Posts: 83
    Options
    Didn't walk at home today. Walked a nature trail instead. A good bit of it was identifying birds and flowers. Still got in at least 45 minutes of walking though. I feel really good about it. Was also wearing a backpack so that added to my exercise while walking. I'm going to buy one of the walk at home dvd's soon. Lately I've been watching the ones available on youtube.com when I've wanted to walk at home. Which dvd's do you guys recommend by Leslie Sansone?
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Didn't walk at home today. Walked a nature trail instead. A good bit of it was identifying birds and flowers. Still got in at least 45 minutes of walking though. I feel really good about it. Was also wearing a backpack so that added to my exercise while walking. I'm going to buy one of the walk at home dvd's soon. Lately I've been watching the ones available on youtube.com when I've wanted to walk at home. Which dvd's do you guys recommend by Leslie Sansone?

I would start with a three mile work out at first. I am doing the walk slim workout and that is an advanced 4 mile workout. I only suggest the three mile work outs so you can get used to the moves. The moves are basically the same in al he workouts it the intensity that is different.Great Job walking today!
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing good. If more people want to join us please feel free!
    QOD: How did you feel after you exercised?
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    Join us and walk youself to a better you!:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Tricia125
    Options
    Hi, so i just started and i was wondering on how you guys add the exercise on MFP? I'm sure that someone already asked the question but i cant find it .thank you
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I'm trying to figure that out too. I can't find it. I have just been putting in walking 4 mile per hour . I don't know what else to put.
  • Tricia125
    Options
    thank you. and also what video are you guys doing she has alot out there...
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    My favoritee one of hers is Walk Slim 4 really big miles. I also like her walk the pounds away express because it offers either a 3 or a 4 mile work out. I have a couple others I have her 20 minute work out when you are pressed fpr time and the first one I bought was walk yourr belly flat which is a good one also. They are all really good. She is very motivating and makes you feel good about yourself.

How is everyone doing with this? Anyone else want to join us?
  • jessicajoy87
    Options
    I feel great I just did the Walk Slim 4 really big miles and man that was awesome! I hope everyone doing the walk at home workouts is doing great!