Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix + Diet Cream Soda

Options
Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix + Diet Cream Soda = Perfect (& PRETTY!) Party Cake :drinker:

PER SERVING (1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.5 fat, 306mg sodium, 36g carbs, <1g fiber, 23g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Cake mix and diet soda? Awesome. Pretty colors? Also awesome. Fat-slashed cake with beautiful dots of color? SIGN US UP! Stir together a can of diet cream soda with a box of Funfetti cake mix. Don't add ANY of the other stuff the box tells you to add... Just the soda. Then simply bake according to package instructions, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Hooray for gorgeous guilt-free cake!

Got this from the Hungry girl website. Just thougth I would share...

Replies

• courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Options
    OMGEEEEE I love funfetti cake!! What did you frost it with? I'm not a fan of fat-free anything, so no cool whip for me. Too bad there's not a low cal frosting that tastes like frosting! :)
  • IsabellaCullen
    Options
    There are a bunch of variations of this recipe that have been around for years (passed around a LOT at WW meetings) ...

White cake w/ diet sprite
    Devils food cake w/ Diet cherry coke
    lemon cake with diet orange soda (never tried this one myself)...

But its definitely a good alternative to the higher calorie version! Thanks for sharing & reminding some of us!
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    yes there are a ton of different ways to make the cake you can even use canned pumpkin instead of soda.... not sure about a frosting yet. I will research!
  • skdehen
    skdehen Posts: 24
    Options
    This sounds so good. I have made I cream cookies before by using the canned pumpkin and a spice cake mix for the cookies and then using cool whip between them and freezing them.
  • jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    OMGEEEEE I love funfetti cake!! What did you frost it with? I'm not a fan of fat-free anything, so no cool whip for me. Too bad there's not a low cal frosting that tastes like frosting! :)

Courtney... Try mixing half coolwhip and half vanilla frosting. It takes away from the fat free taste but lowers the cals of reg frosting.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    also you can mix cool whip with marshmellow fluff, equal parts but I don't know that the calories would be
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I've had fun fetti cake mix in my pantry for a month now - still trying to locate diet cream soda. Maybe a good thing because cream soda and vodka are my fave!:drinker:
  • heather19th
    Options
    Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix + Diet Cream Soda = Perfect (& PRETTY!) Party Cake :drinker:

PER SERVING (1/12th of cake): 180 calories, 3.5 fat, 306mg sodium, 36g carbs, <1g fiber, 23g sugars, 1g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

Cake mix and diet soda? Awesome. Pretty colors? Also awesome. Fat-slashed cake with beautiful dots of color? SIGN US UP! Stir together a can of diet cream soda with a box of Funfetti cake mix. Don't add ANY of the other stuff the box tells you to add... Just the soda. Then simply bake according to package instructions, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Hooray for gorgeous guilt-free cake!

Got this from the Hungry girl website. Just thougth I would share...

What is the hungry girl website?
  • heather19th
    Options
    Thank you!!
  • rlsluvr
    rlsluvr Posts: 130
    Options
    Use Zevia natural soda if you're concerned with the artifical sweetners in diet soda, I made a Devil foods, with Black cherry Zevia,, and topped with Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips, and then once cooled sprinkled with powdered sugar!!! YUMMY!!!!

www.zevia.com
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    Use Zevia natural soda if you're concerned with the artifical sweetners in diet soda, I made a Devil foods, with Black cherry Zevia,, and topped with Hershey's Dark Chocolate Chips, and then once cooled sprinkled with powdered sugar!!! YUMMY!!!!

www.zevia.com

awesome idea!! thank you. I worry about artifical sweetner, when dieting I tend to use it too often...
  • cocacole77
    Options
    I would love to indulge in a piece of this cake but my sugars are 28g a day...this would only leave me with 5g...