Hello from Poland

Options
Hi, I am pretty new here and I am learning how to operate myfitnespal.
I am in foggy southern Poland and really need positive energy.

Replies

• carolebville
    carolebville Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Syracuse, New York. You will find many wonderful friends on MFP. -- Yesterday was Thanksgving Day in USA so it was a day of EATING. I had my food items logged in the night before so I did very well considering. Spent the day with a close girlfriend who also is on MFP .. we enjoyed ourselves at a local restaurant and then traveled to see family and friends the rest of the day.

I have been actively logging since June 2012 and have lost 29 lbs in six months. It hasn't been difficult but you'll be making some intelligent choices on what you're eating based on the logging that you do. My only exercise has been walking and I find it very enjoyable. If you can get out of the house for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week, it will help in the long run. As you work @ home, take a break, grab Peter and get outside and stroll.

Best wishes and feel free to friend me. I'm a few years older than you; but I consider myself young!!!!
  • DutchFrancis
    DutchFrancis Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hello Amidale, I'm pretty new here myself, just in my second week but I already love MFP, logging the food really makes you consider before you eat something bad. Just start using it an look around. You'll be spending a lot of time here at first (at least I did) but the more you get used to everything and find your way around on the website, the less time you'll need to log your food. I'm not spending too much time at the messageboard, 'cause before I know it half my day has passed without any chores being done, but I dó like to check out some of the successtories, they are so inspirational and they keep me motivated to want to reach a similar succes. All these people have struggled and fought the same battles that I am facing now, but they succeeded and if they can, so can I.

I'm from the Netherlands, a few years older than you but young at heart :D We do have about the same amount of kilo's to lose and both at the beginning of our journey, so if you like to add me to your friendlist to support one another, I'd be happy to add you to my friends.
    I'd love to know a few people in Poland 'cause I plan to make a long-ride with my horse to the south of Poland. She's a Hucul/Konik mix and was bred in Poland but transported to the Netherlands. She comes from the Bieszczady Mountains and I hope to make a trip with her to that area in a few years. That's one of the reasons I want to lose weight. At my current weight I couln't even bring clean clothes on that trip 'cause any extra weight would already be too much. And packing a tent and some other stuff is pretty crucial on a long trip like that, even if you find farms or other places to sleep.

Take care and good luck on your journey to lose weight. You can do this!
  • Sonya139
    Sonya139 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning from Virginia. You're in the right place. DutchFrancis gave some great advice. Keep logging. Whatever you do just keep logging. For a while I wasn't doing too great and didn't log because I knew I was over then I said to myself, I'm only accountable to me, so I kept logging everything no matter what it was....if I was over or under. Eventually I was in the right place because you're looking at what you're doing and what you need to change.