PA Tough Mudder in training!

Options
Hello all, I've been using this site for a little while now and have already completed one Tough Mudder. Completed is the key word...it was ugly but I finished! Now I'm back in training for the July Mudder in PA. If Anyone has some training or diet ideas I'm interested in hearing them.

Replies

• PennStateChick
    PennStateChick Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Which Tough Mudder did you do the first time? I am from PA, but we did the one in NJ in Nov 2011.
  • vegas1776
    vegas1776 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey PennStateChic,

I did the Tri-state in Englishtown, NJ this October. Are you doing anymore?
  • PennStateChick
    Options
    We keep talking about doing the one at Bear Creek in PA, but we haven't signed up yet.
  • melbatoast917
    melbatoast917 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Running as well as practicing jumping, climbing, crawling, and getting immune to electric shock.
  • vegas1776
    vegas1776 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    We are running the PA (I think it's Bear Creek) on June 1,2 of 2013. Not sure if we are doing Saturday or Sunday...most likely Saturday. We did TriState in 3:15 and there was a lot of walking after mile 9! This time I want to be able to run/jog the whole course and make sure I complete the Mt Everest this time. I was too fat, too slow, and too tired to make it last time!!! Embarrassing to admit that but it's the truth.
  • PennStateChick
    Options
    I think Bear Creek is a shorter course mileage wise, but I am pretty sure you have to climb up a black diamond (since its at a ski resort).
  • tmfrizzell
    Options
    I'm going to be doing the TM in May in Jacksonville, FL. I'm super excited, and have no idea how I am going to train. I did a 5K Run for your Lives Zombie run earlier this month and it about killed me but made me very excited to push myself even further. So the TM is it.