New friends who are sports and fitness oriented

Options
gmallan
gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
Hi all,

I've just joined MFP and am looking for new friends. My name is Gemma and I'm 26 from Tasmania, Australia. I'm 164cm and 68kg. My goals are to build fitness and muscle with weight loss being a secondary goal which will come natrually as I get in better shape. I only really want to lose about 5kg net (while replacing this with muscle at the same time). I'm using MFP as a tool to help me become aware of the amount of calories in certain foods and to promote awareness of what I am putting in my body.

I play a lot of different sports (Australian Rules Football, Gaelic Football, Touch Football, Netball) and this is why I am seeking to improve my fitness. I am attempting to do 3-4 weight session per week (this is fairly new to me) and 3-4 cardio sessions per week. My cardio is a mixture of HIIT and sports.

I'd love to make some friends who play sports and/or have similar goals

Replies

• uk_angeldust
    uk_angeldust Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I am about the same height and weight as you and I am a fellow netball lover! please add me! happy to support you! :)
  • pullem
    pullem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    have sent you a request :smile:
  • jaysonhijinx
    jaysonhijinx Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Meeee! But we're already friends :p

Add her, she's awesome :D
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks Jason. This was a really old thread that I possted when I first started on here that no one ever responded to. Somehow it must have got revived. I was wondering where all those friend requests that I got on the weekend came from and this explains it :smile:
  • djames92
    djames92 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    that would be me! i work out 5 days a week and im trying to play rugby in the spring feel free to add me!
  • ipsamet
    ipsamet Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Ohh, this is me! I still have a bit of weight to lose, but my goals have vastly shifted as I have started lifting and training for various races - suddenly the scale is the last measure of my success.
  • MikeRuz1
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well, I've played soccer since I was 6 years old and lift regularly, good luck with your goals!
  • joybedford
    joybedford Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Joy I don,t play any sports as such but run and lift regularly. i often enter races although mostly in the spring/summer months I live in the UK. Feel free to add me.