hCG Shots- but not for weight loss

Options
I have to start doctor prescribed hCG shots this weekend for fertility reasons. I am NOT doing this for weight loss reasons, and I want no part of any minimal calorie hCG diet. That being said, I am still following my own weight loss plan of 1600-1700 calories per day and exercise 5-6 days per week. Here's my question- has anyone else had to take hCG for non- weight loss related reasons while still trying to lose weight? If so, how did it affect your normal weight loss plans? I have no idea how this is going to help or hamper my weight loss, and I am very curious to find out.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options
    If you actually look at the hcg studies the shots did nothing to increase weight loss but it also did not hinder weight loss. But you sound like you have a good weight loss plan. For exercise make sure you are weight training 2-3 of those days... the more the better.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    The HCG shots that are supposed to be for weight loss are supposed to make you not feel hungry. They don't really have any special diet effects as far as fat burning. That comes from the silly 500 calorie diet. Just look at it as a bonus if it does actually curb your appetite!
  • wongleweed
    wongleweed Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have taken HCG for fertility reasons - had absolutely no effect on my diet or appetite - the fertiltiy amounts you take differ to the ones on the hcg diet. What did hamper my weight loss though, was the cortisone and progesterone I also had to take. Good luck with your fertility treatment hope it works for you
  • kellyscomeback
    kellyscomeback Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I gave myself HCG and other hormone shots for infertility and it didn't do anything for my weight but it did give me horrible mood swings.
    Best of luck, IF blows and IF injections are even worse.

Losing weight was what worked for me.