Breakfast Ideas

Options
Hi everyone

I normally have cereal (cheerios, plain) with milk and a banana. Because I am not having any diary at the moment, I am hitting Starbucks for their breakfast sandwiches. Does anyone have quick, portable and healthy breakfast ideas??

Cheers - jewel :drinker:

Replies

• epappas09
    epappas09 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    oatmeal with berries and bananas! add some fiber powder too to up your fiber intake and make you feel fuller longer
  • mollydog33
    Options
    Try Almond Milk...
  • kfsooner
    kfsooner Posts: 40
    Options
    As Mollydog said, try Almond milk. I also use Rice milk.
  • vivim
    vivim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Vitamuffins-
  • maurierose
    maurierose Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Try a whole wheat bagel (Nature's own has "Thin, Sliced" ones that are about 150 cals for the whole thing)toasted and smeared with natural peanut butter and a sliced banana, or the same bagel with lean turkey.

When you say you're avoiding dairy, does that mean eggs too or just milk/cheese? A toasted bagel sandwich with lean, low-sodium meat and an egg or two as a sandwich or on the side can hold me over for quite some time.
  • jenlhugg
    jenlhugg Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love ClifBars, or any of the fiber one bars.
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Scramble an egg with some cheese and put in a soft taco shell and roll up.
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I like to scramble egg whites with cheese and peach salsa and wrap it up in a tortilla.
  • Annula
    Annula Posts: 2
    Options
    hey! well i love breakfast so i do have big one! Like its alway around 450 calories and 1/3 of protein plus and sugar. Why? because that would keep me goin at least from eight t one with a little fruit or seven nuts between.

one is : 1 serving Kellogs K (dosen't matter what kind) with 100g strawberrys and a cup of low fat (1,5 %) milk
    tangerine
    1 slice toasted tiger bread with half of teaspoon of buttery spread
    low fat yoghurt
    cup of coffee
    You feel stuffed and it won't take ages to make it.

second takes longer time: its porrige with jam (organic from farm is better, if you make your own with splenda is MUCH BETTER, you will cntrl your sugars intake)
    tangerine
    1 slice of toasted bread with buttery spread
    low fat yoghurt and cup of coffee..
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    Try Shakeology! It is low calorie and you can mix it to make whatever flavor combos you like. My favorite is peppermint mocha and I get WAY more nutritional value than any Starbucks drink. Message me for more info.:drinker:
  • Ecourter22509
    Options
    i love egg white with spinach and like maybe one slice of cheese!!!!!
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options
    I need to clarify a bit...I am off dairy only because I have a head cold right now, and the milk, cheese, yougrt thing will make my flehgmy (sexy eh...) I've been wanting to try the Almond Milk but haven't yet. The other ideas sound fabulous. Thank you :drinker:
  • YogaRunner
    YogaRunner Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    I need to clarify a bit...I am off dairy only because I have a head cold right now, and the milk, cheese, yougrt thing will make my flehgmy (sexy eh...) I've been wanting to try the Almond Milk but haven't yet. The other ideas sound fabulous. Thank you :drinker:

Jewelinvic - I hear ya. I have strep throat right now (yuck) and try to stay away from dairy temporarily for the same reasons as you do. I use Soy milk in my Shakeology. I tried almond milk first but didn't like it. Plus, the soy milk helps with my pms :happy:
    Risa