I'm 5'5" this is my goal. Is it to low

Options
I was at a family doings and saw a picture of myself and said wow I looked great. At that time I decided I can do this. So from this time on I'm going to make better choices, I have a wedding coming up next summer. I'm going to working out, and eat better.
My goal is to get to 125-135lbs. By June. The only thing is that I'm going to have some people that think its not right, it's to low of a goal. I'm 5'5" is that goal to low. What do you think?

Replies

• warrior2mom
    warrior2mom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5 and right now at 140lbs. I'm planning to lose another 5 lbs or so. According to all the government charts and BMI
    reports our healthy weight is anywhere between 114-144 lbs. Now I personally think 114 is way on the low side but your goal of 125-135 is totally reasonable and in the healthy range!! Good luck!!
  • SammyLou28
    Options
    I was at a family doings and saw a picture of myself and said wow I looked great. At that time I decided I can do this. So from this time on I'm going to make better choices, I have a wedding coming up next summer. I'm going to working out, and eat better.
    My goal is to get to 125-135lbs. By June. The only thing is that I'm going to have some people that think its not right, it's to low of a goal. I'm 5'5" is that goal to low. What do you think?

No, I am 5'6'' and my goal is around 128
  • Nice
    Nice Posts: 84
    Options
    I am 5'5 as well..I am currently 120 and my goal is 115..may be too low..but that's just me
  • sh3lby03
    sh3lby03 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4" and a half, so almost 5' 5" and I am currently at 130 and still losing to lose a few more pounds or just tone a bit more. I think it really depends on your body type. I am pretty curvy, medium build and I think that 125-135 is a healthy range.
  • elgray26
    elgray26 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'5" and I would like to get down to 135. My goal is to be more in shape and healthier. If I lose more...Great. If I dont lose it all...Thats fine too!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options

Thats fine!
    http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/womens-body-ideal-measurements/
  • 86rollyb
    86rollyb Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and 140 with a goal of at least 10 lbs so I don't think it's too low at all
  • crazybookworm
    crazybookworm Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2 abd 126 pounds. I don't think that's low at all. As long as you are remaining healthy about it, I think that's a great goal!

Good luck!
  • terracotti
    terracotti Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    125 is about right. 135 is average. but neither is too low ;)
  • Bikini_Beast
    Options
    Sounds right
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    not too low, depending on your body type. I personally look my best at 135. I'm slim but not a curve-less stick. But, I have a larger bone structure. Others may look better at 125.
  • AshleighPhilp1
    Options
    I'm also 5.5 and I think my UGW would be 133lbs otherwise i'll look too skinny!
  • Gidgiee1
    Options
    I am also 5'5" and am happy with my current weight but aiming for 125 because I think my joints will feel better.

I think our preferred weight, as long as it is healthy, is really an individual preference and no one should tell you your goal is wrong. Hugs.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and 135. That same weight has looked very different on me at different times in my life, depending on my lean mass and body fat.

When I got around 130 years ago by starving myself (under 1000 calories a day), I still had a muffin top, back fat rolls, double chin, etc. When I got to 135 eating right with moderate exercise, I felt great... but still lost a little more after that. Since then I've gained some weight back and I'm smaller than ever, because I eat well and strength train.
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    As you get close to your goal, you'll know better whether that's right for you or too low. Nothing wrong w/ setting that goal now, and changing it, if necessary, later. I don't think it is completely unrealistic. It will depend on your bone structure and your muscle mass. You just won't know for sure until you get closer.
    Good luck.
  • SeekingOne54
    SeekingOne54 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5'5" here as well. Your goal sounds just right to me. As you get closer to it, you'll know by the way you look and feel and you may need to adjust. I know for myself that if I get much under 130 I look downright unhealthy because of my bone structure.

Take care and best wishes to you!

Deborah
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    We're all different shapes and sizes so what weight might look good on you may not look good on someone else the same height. A few years ago I decided to lose weight and got down to around 122lbs (I'm 5'4) but now I look back and think my face is too thin and it doesn't suit me (plus I have a good size bust which doesn't go down!!). I'm currently trying to get down to about 130lbs ;0)
  • czapp1
    czapp1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey--I'm 5'5 (not even really, like 5'4 and 3/4) and I look emaciated below 140. Everyone's different. lost some weight, and then readjust your goal if need be.
  • shrinkingislander
    shrinkingislander Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I think it's perfect but then I am biased because that is where I have set my own goals for the same height. You can always adjust your goals as you lose, I'm new to MFP but I've yet to hear about any Goal Police Squad. haha
  • CaLaurie
    CaLaurie Posts: 178
    Options
    Everyone's different....depends on body type, how the pounds are distributed, your specific goals, etc. I'm 5'5" and 117. Although on the lower end of "healthy," it's right for me, and I hope to start gaining muscle now so I'm good with adding a few pounds. Best to you on this journey! :smile: