Best Gift Ever!

Options
So I was talking to my best friend about a month ago about a trip to visit family I was going on. Somehow family= lots of food and eating out! Not to mention the long car ride to get there which means countless pit stops to McDonalds Wendy's etc!

I have just started watching what I eat over a month ago and began to dread the trip not wanting to undo all of the hard work that I had just put in!

We a couple days before I left for the trip my friend said she had a gift for me. ??? A book with all of my favorite resturaunts and places that I had mentioned that we always go to when with family!! It had nutrition guides to ever place in a 3-ring binder. Overall there were over 20 different places! I was blown away!

Never had I thought about looking up my own information before I went to all those places so I could look before going into a resturaunt and trying to guess at something healthy! Not only will it be useful on trip but also just day to day! And all in one convenient location! How handy?! (not to mention I felt totally blessed to have someone who supported me so much!)

I can't tell you how helpful it is! Just an idea if you are planning a vacation or road trip... Something just to bring along so your body doesn't have to suffer... :happy:

Replies

• smae1980
    smae1980 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! That's nice to have even when you're home too! I hope everyone on here has friends that care about them as much as your friend cares about you. With support like that you can't lose! (except the weight ha ha!)
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Now that is one thoughtful and supportive friend! What a great idea and gift.
  • mvl1014
    mvl1014 Posts: 531
    Options
    Now that's an awesome friend and a great gift!
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I think that's the sweetest and supportive gift I've ever heard!!! Enjoy it and have a great trip full of new and wonderful memories!
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great tip. Thanks for suggesting it. Good luck on your trip! You can do it! :wink:
  • mamajoytimes2
    Options
    Oh my gosh!!! I love that!! How creative - ingenious!!!
  • haileyco
    haileyco Posts: 68
    Options
    what a great idea and gift. i would also recommend to pack lots of snacks, in pre-measured servings that you can munch on too.
  • epoeraven
    epoeraven Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Wow.....what a great friend!!!!
  • elysant
    elysant Posts: 139
    Options
    What an amazing friend! :o) You are so lucky to have someone who is so supportive and helpful! :o)

That is a wonderful idea too... I go out to eat every Tuesday with my mom and a friend and something like that would come in so handy! I might have to put one together for myself! :o)
  • allyson223
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I really do realize how blessed i am! An amazing friend! :happy:

My trip went great! I passed on foods even when everyone else was eating them. I had two splurge meals during the week (ok well maybe three) I used my book before almost every meal we ate out and I can't tell you how helpful it was! Seriously I think everyone should get themselves one! Such a great resource!!!

Best part... I lost 1 pound over vacation! :happy: That has never happened before! Usually I gain a few... awesome friend and great week!
  • tutujoli
    tutujoli Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Awesome! What a great friend!

I have a "business card" that I keep in my wallet with a few good choices (and their calorie counts) at each of the restaraunts around our neighborhood. No more "We're out, lets just stop and eat" excuses for me! LOL