Protein

Options
How much protein is too much protein in a day? And when is the best time to consume the most? Pre or post workout? Morning or night?

Replies

• Ashsmith07
    Ashsmith07 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just don't want to overdo it. I know high amounts of protein are good to repair muscles but I also know too much is hard on your body, so I don't want to cross the line.
  • Pandasarecool
    Pandasarecool Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I would like to know as well!
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    i take in anywhere from 200-260g a day. I take it(protein shake)around 45mins pre workout and within 30mins post workout. I try to eat aprx 20g per meal during the day. This seems to work for me but everybody is different...you have to find what works for you.
  • schlange11b
    schlange11b Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    To help support muscle growth, try .8-1.2 grams per pound of goal body weight, depending on your training.
    As for when, really any time, but with a definite emphasis on post-workout and before bed.
    Don't worry overly much about going over, just try to hit this to help muscle recovery and weight loss. :)
    Hope this helps!
  • nomad07811
    Options
    About .8 grams a day is all the normal human being needs. If you are working out, 1-1.2 grams a day per poung of lean weight is the recommendation. pre and post workout shakes are necessary, but the rest can come from anywhere. Just divide your protein up by how many meals you take in a day.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    I weigh 156 lbs, I have 116 lean mass lbs, so I eat 120g protein per day. It is hard to overeat protein. Unless you have kidney trouble I should not stress and get as much as you can in there.