Butt-lifting/thigh-firming exercises?

Options
Hi everyone! I need some new butt-lifting & thigh-firming exercise ideas... anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks! =)

Replies

• jigglewiggles
    jigglewiggles Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Bump, I need some too, lol
  • Tricep_A_Tops
    Options
    Squats, deadlifts, lunges.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,080 Member
    Options
    Whilst you cannot spot reduce or shape the body (it loses weight and tones where it will), as someone previous said squats, dealifts and lunges...weighted, preferably on the heavy side (as heavy as you can manage for a few reps each set)
  • Game8
    Game8 Posts: 442
    Options

^^ THIS!

Go deep on the squats and lift (relatively) heavy weights for 8 - 10 reps each set. But make sure to learn every aspect of the movement and never sacrifice good form!
  • venusrockstar
    Options
    Squats, lunges, deadlifts, split squat, glute bridges, step ups with dumbells
  • Carol_L
    Carol_L Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Split squats
    Jump squats
    Weighted squats (heaviest dumbells you can manage, back against a stability ball that you are holding against a wall)
    Pistol squats (if you can manage them)
    Bulgarian Split squats (in a TRX or on a bench - your choice)
    Hop squats
    (see a theme here?)

Also....
    Walking lunges (forward, backwards, with weight)
    Side steps (with heaviest band you can manage)
    Wall sits (back against a wall, keep your back flat, lower butt until legs are parallel to floor, keep hands hanging at sides, hold until your muscles are screaming, and then hold some more)
    Hip bridges (off a bench, with weight)
    Box jumping/ high bench step ups
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options

with weights.

If you are new to lifting I'd suggest StrongLifts 5x5, Starting Strength or New Rules of Weight Lifting for Women.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Whilst you cannot spot reduce or shape the body (it loses weight and tones where it will), as someone previous said squats, dealifts and lunges...weighted, preferably on the heavy side (as heavy as you can manage for a few reps each set)

^Sums it all up.
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options

I agree!
  • lgran81
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions all! I usually do squats, deadlifts and lunges but I was looking for something to mix it up. I'll try some of these variations. Thanks again!!! =)