My Accomplishment (pics)

Options
tommygirl15
tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
I was once asked by a little boy if I was pregnant. I love the brutal honesty of children, but this was a wake-up call. Over-eating and inactivity had lead me to my highest weight of 164 lbs. I didn't fit into any of my clothes anymore, I lost my confidence, and was often bloated and sick. This was not the kind of life I envisioned for myself, and with my 30th birthday looming on the horizon (January) I decided that I wanted to enter into the next decade with a fabulous body, and to be happier and healthier than ever :)

August 1, 2012
Start weight: 164 lbs
Body Fat: 32%
Before.jpg

November 23, 2012
Current weight: 130 lbs
Body Fat: 23%
After.jpg

Total Pounds Lost: 34
Total Body Fat Lost: 9%

How did I do it?
As one of my co-workers loves to say, 'If you fail to plan, you plan to fail'.
Once I figured out what all my numbers were, planning was EVERYTHING to me. I educated myself, I wrote out grocery lists, I thought out all my meals in advance, and I logged everything. I didn't deprive myself of foods I loved, but instead I made room for them in my calorie goals. I exercised and increased my activity levels in any way I could, even in small ways; from parking my car at the back of the parking lot, to taking the stairs instead of the elevator. Every little bit helps, and it shows in the results :)

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!