Low Cal Chicken Salad Recipe

Options
I have been really craving Chicken Salad and the only recipe that I have is full of calories and fat. Does anyone have a delicious version to share?

Replies

• Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Check MFP's recipe section. Maybe there's one...Good luck!:smile:
  • Fabulocity
    Options
  • Fabulocity
    Options
  • cds2327
    cds2327 Posts: 439
    Options
    Wait....isn't this the recipe section, or have i completely missed a great tool?!?!!!
  • c_kack
    c_kack Posts: 2
    Options
    Use Chicken (5oz)--- shredded and plain greek yogurt (1/3 cup), (3 Tbsp country dijon) and curry, salt and pepper to taste.
    Another choice is to use a small amount of cinnamon and chopped dried fruit like apricots instead of the curry and dijon! This is really good in wraps or on crackers or even in lettuce wraps
  • jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "Use Chicken (5oz)--- shredded and plain greek yogurt (1/3 cup), (3 Tbsp country dijon) and curry, salt and pepper to taste.
    Another choice is to use a small amount of cinnamon and chopped dried fruit like apricots instead of the curry and dijon! This is really good in wraps or on crackers or even in lettuce wraps"

I MADE THIS RECIPE TONIGHT AND IT WAS VERY GOOD. BOTH MY WIFE AND I LOVED IT!!
  • jmb1510
    jmb1510 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just made this as I was craving chicken salad. I made a lot so I will have some on hand. You can modify as necessary:

2 tlbs olive oil or whatever you want to brown the chicken in
    2lbs chicken breast
    2 tbls miced garlic
    2 tsp dried oregano
    2 tbl light mayo or whatever
    2 tbls Lawry's Mango Curry marinade
    2 tbls Dijon Mustard
    2 tbls Brown Mustard
    7-8 Celery stalks
    1/2 onion

I heat half the garlic and rosemary in the oil, then brown my chicken in the oil a few breats at a time. Set the chicken aside. Add the remaining garlic and rosemary and all the browned chicken to the pan. Cover chicken with water and boil for 10-15 minutes-untilt the chicken is cooked through. Drain the chicken and let cool. Shred the chicken-I do it by hand. Add the remaining ingredients and stir.

This recipe makes 6 1 cup servings. Each cup has 238 calories, 7 g fat, 5 carbs, and 36 protien.

Again, you can modify it necessary, using no fat mayo or sour cream. The secret to the flavor is the garlic and rosemary and the little bit of Mango Curry sauce. You can find this in the database as Jason Bailey-chicken salad.