Started C25K...

Options
jlking
jlking Posts: 29 Member
I started the program tonight. I am also using the free podcasts. They are very helpful with the music and the prompts to run and walk. This allows me to complete the goals without looking at my watch every five seconds. I will let you know how it turns out.

I'm curious to know what you guys think of the program. Has it worked for you? What are the pros and cons?

Replies

• dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I am also thinking of starting. Are the free podcasts on the C25k on the website? I would love to hear how you do.
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 68
    Options
    Great program I'm on week 5 and have seen a big change in my self.
  • cornboy72
    cornboy72 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I created my own playlists with prompts by using mp3 editting software.
  • lt_mrcook
    lt_mrcook Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I started (kinda) this week. I'm running my own distances, but with the same time ratios. I'll let you know in a couple weeks how it turns out...:)
  • jlking
    Options
    This sounds fantastic. Let me know how it works out.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 6 and I LOVE it. I don't see any cons to it. I mean.....I just ran 20 min straight the other day! Crazy!

It TOTALLY works and is SOOOOO do-able for ANYONE.
  • jlking
    Options
    Yeah. The podcasts are on the website. There is a new one for each week.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    I had downloaded the PodRunner podcasts from iTunes, but they drove me bonkers. I was still obsessed with when the interval would end. I made a play list of my favorite, upbeat, inspiring songs, and I'm doing much better just listening to those and trying to vaporize a spot in the wall (hard core staring) across the way from the treadmill, or catch a flick on the TV at my local rec center.