My Accomplishment (pics)

Options

Replies

• tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    You look great how tall are you ? that is the same goal I want to be at how did you get there?

- stayed within calorie goals
    - exercised (having a workout buddy helped motivate me)
    - reduced stress as much as possible (stress is what tends to trigger cravings for me)
    - willpower - most important one of all
  • NancyG55
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You look great, and took a sensible approach to weight loss and good health. I choose not to deprive myself of favorite foods either, but to work them into my calorie goals. It is much easier to stick with something if you know you are getting what you want and not feeling cheated.
  • sisterofseven
    sisterofseven Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done. You look great :-)
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    wow, that is amazing! especially in just a few months! kudos!
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congratulation, you look fabulous!!

Cheers!:drinker:
  • misssixte
    Options
    You look amazing!!!

I am so impressed!!

Did you eat around 1350 calories throughout your entire journey
    or is this what you eat now to maintain?
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!!
  • OnyxPenguin
    OnyxPenguin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)

Michshellars: I'm 5'6"... would be funny if you were too!

I'm 5'6" and started at 164! 130 is my final goal as well. Crazy. I've been plateaued around 138-142 for 6-8 months now, but mostly because I took the summer off from counting, just tried to keep my meals within what seemed reasonable.

Did you have any trouble with the last 10 lbs? Any tips to get through it?

BTW, looks great on you! Congrats!
  • tommygirl15
    Options
    You look amazing!!!

I am so impressed!!

Did you eat around 1350 calories throughout your entire journey
    or is this what you eat now to maintain?

I actually started at 1200 because that's what MFP set me at, but after about a month I found it was too little for me. 1350 worked much better. I'll be eating more than 1350 to maintain, I'm not sure what that number is yet though and will have to get it figured out :)
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I also love your reasonable/balanced and dedicated approach! What a huge inspiration to me!

About 3 months after I had my daughter, my carpet cleaner guy asked when I was due.... that sure was a kick in the pants to me, and he can't even claim the ignorance of being a child :).

Hopefully I have a similar story in a few months! 2 1/2 weeks in, and I'm pleased with how things are going so far - slow but steady. I don't need to win the race, but I'd like to cross the finish line some day!
  • tommygirl15
    Options
    Thank you everyone!! :)

Michshellars: I'm 5'6"... would be funny if you were too!

I'm 5'6" and started at 164! 130 is my final goal as well. Crazy. I've been plateaued around 138-142 for 6-8 months now, but mostly because I took the summer off from counting, just tried to keep my meals within what seemed reasonable.

Did you have any trouble with the last 10 lbs? Any tips to get through it?

BTW, looks great on you! Congrats!

That's so funny, you must be the identical twin sister I never had! :D

Weight loss did slow down this last month, but I kept logging faithfully and tried to up my exercise a bit. I never thought logging would help so much but it really does! Maintaining self control is a big one. I keep little to no junk food around the house, and only buy it when I'm planning it into my daily cals. Aside from having MFP friends, having some real life friends who'll support you in your weight loss can be a huge help in keeping you accountable!
  • tommygirl15
    Options
    You look awesome! I also love your reasonable/balanced and dedicated approach! What a huge inspiration to me!

About 3 months after I had my daughter, my carpet cleaner guy asked when I was due.... that sure was a kick in the pants to me, and he can't even claim the ignorance of being a child :).

Hopefully I have a similar story in a few months! 2 1/2 weeks in, and I'm pleased with how things are going so far - slow but steady. I don't need to win the race, but I'd like to cross the finish line some day!

I'm looking forward to reading your success story when that day comes, and it could be sooner than you think!! :)
  • simplyAmanda89
    simplyAmanda89 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm literally stuck at 160 and where your at is my ultimate goal. Can you share any little tips or exercises that you think were effective? Message me or add me I'd love to hear from you!

Manda
  • sarahslim100
    sarahslim100 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Well done!!
  • taylorwaylor
    taylorwaylor Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wow, great job! You look fantastic
  • MonicaW1988
    MonicaW1988 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Well done!! you look fabulous! an inspiration! :-)
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look fabulous!! What a great transformation and you are so right about planning. Most people will diligently plan there next vacation or there TV viewing but most spend no time really planning what they eat.
  • kel665
    kel665 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work, and in such a short time too! Congratulations! :)
  • tommygirl15
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)
  • 2bmeagain12
    2bmeagain12 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Shows what focus & determination will do for you - thanks for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!