weighing yourself

Options
I know they reccomend only weighing yourself once a week, because we fluctuate from day to day. But I seem to get on the scale everyday! I can't help myself! Am I the only one that does this???

Replies

• girlruns
    girlruns Posts: 344
    Options
    I will sometimes "peek", but it doesn't count until Monday morning.
  • wettak
    wettak Posts: 16
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday, but I won't record the new weight unless it's still there the following Monday!
  • dmags
    dmags Posts: 303
    Options
    I look everyday. If I drop and pound or two... I don't log it until it sticks around for while. I know should not be looking everyday... but I cannot help it!
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    i do it every morning since in the morning my nutritionist said that is your actual weight because during the day your body can swell if its hot out, the water you drink everyday etc.. but i mean its not a bad thing like i said alot of people do it haha you will be okay :happy:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Ditto to most of the above. Monday is my official weigh day. I will check periodically during the week because I just feel different. But for sanity's sake I try to stick with the once a week weigh in.
  • msbanana
    msbanana Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I didn't get on the scale for an entire year. I tend to obsess so I just stay the hell away from it and now I weigh in every few weeks. The numbers are bigger and it feels better. But that's just me. :drinker:
  • bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    Options
    I look every day... but only in the morning. I only record it if it stays around or I drop again.
  • firegirlred
    firegirlred Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself everyday. But I've learned to be able to expect which days I'll be down, and which days I'll be up. And I log on the days that I know my sodium intake or my leg workout the day before won't skew my results.
  • tonyarcarson
    Options
    I checked every Monday morning. Today I wanted to get on the scale but I made myself leave the room!! I worry that if I check before a full week has gone it might distract me!!
  • Songbird146
    Songbird146 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I will check a day or two before weigh in to see if I need to push myself just a little more. Because of the challenge I am in, if we gain anything we owe the trainer $5 per pound gained. Three girls last week gained pretty big from what I have heard and I am glad I peek in the week to push myself farther. But I only log the official weight on Wednesdays
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    I do it every day now too. If I go up a few ounces, it motivates me to drink more water or exercise more and eat less. Seems to help me keep a close eye and prevent a problem before it happens
  • angelajeanne23
    Options
    I weigh myself every few days. The way I look at it there's no way to have an artificial low weight but there are tons of reasons why your weight can be higher than it actually is. I log it if I've lost and I don't log again until I've lost again. So far so good!
  • 8turboturtle8
    8turboturtle8 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday...sometimes at night too...sad I know. But this time around I am only logging my weight on Mondays...
  • Catzwitch
    Catzwitch Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am a little OCD - the scale is in the potty and so every time I piddle.... yeah.... we're talking 20 times a day I step on that thing...

But the only time I record it is if I'm down 2lbs or more for 3 days or more. It kinda helps keep me in check because if I see the scale creeping up I know to take a look at what might have caused that that day....
  • spikess
    spikess Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i'm on my scales every day, i'm on my mothers scales every day and then i'm on both those scales after i exercise too. i'm more paranoid about the weight i've lost going back on rather than to see if anything has came off!