short girl measurements!

Options
Hi! i just wanted to see the difference in measurements in everyone that was short. feel free to give before and afters for inspiration! OH and i just wanna add a question. Do you lose your butt when you work out or does ur butt grow i just wanted to know if there were differences in the butt area as well.

5'1 weight 140
neck:12
arms:11 1/2
bust:36
waist: 31
hips:40

Replies

• NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Short chicks unite! :)

Height: 4'11"
    Weight: 108
    Bust: 34"
    Waist: 26"
    Hips: 34"

As for your question, I think it depends a lot on what types of exercising you do. I ran a lot of running but didn't focus very much on strength training my legs/butt area, so I did lose mass from my butt. luckily, however, it wasn't too much and I still have nice curves! Another factor is where you naturally carry your access weight. Some people naturally carry excess weight in their butts and hips.
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    5'2", 139lbs

neck - 12.5"
    arms - 11.5"
    bust - 37"
    waist - 31.5" (smallest part or natural waist)
    lower waist - 36" (aka where i actually wear my pants)
    hips - 39"
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Height 5'1"
    Age 51

Before
    Weight 170
    Waist 32
    Hips 43.75

After
    Weight 109
    Shoulders 37.75
    Waist 23.5
    Hips 35

Now (didn't feel like staying below 10% body fat which were the "after" measurements)
    Approximately 120 pounds and 11% body fat. I no longer use the scale or take measurements. I simply go by how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit. I've been maintaining for over a year anywhere between 10%-12% body fat. When you reach your goal you don't stay in one spot, it moves around with the events of life. The same tools you use to lose weight apply for maintaince. You enjoy life and feasts and celebrations, and then at some point you reign it in and get back to business again until the next round of social events.

As for your question: The leaner you get the more fat you will lose in your butt and upper legs. That is usually the last to go, and it's harder (or nearly impossible) to get rid of that completely if you are taking birth control pills. The only time you have to really worry about that is if you decide to compete in a fitness competition (I have never done that). But really that little bit of fat left is what makes you look womanly and curvy and it's beautiful. As you lose that last bit of fat (if you are so inclined) then you must do a lot of glute and leg exercises or you will end up with a flat pancake butt.

But really all women look good with all the glute and leg exercises and you do not have to worry about getting "bulky" even if you lift heavy. "Bulky" is usually either fat, steroids, abuse of hormones, or a combination combination of those. I'm all natural but when I had a lot more fat (and lifted heavy) I looked bulky, and when I was more lean I looked more hard and ripped (even though I was never big), and when I'm more in between I look more "toned" and as my husband says "more curvy" and he says I have more of a pleasant looking "bubble butt". You can have whatever you want, it's all a result of how much fat you decide to leave on your body and how much you decide to work your glutes and legs with weight lifting.

Every girl looks better with leg and butt exercises though:

Legs; In addition to Deadlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Calf Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Height 5'1"
    Age 51

Before
    Weight 170
    Waist 32
    Hips 43.75

After
    Weight 109
    Shoulders 37.75
    Waist 23.5
    Hips 35

Now (didn't feel like staying below 10% body fat which were the "after" measurements)
    Approximately 120 pounds and 11% body fat. I no longer use the scale or take measurements. I simply go by how I look in the mirror and how my clothes fit. I've been maintaining for over a year anywhere between 10%-12% body fat. When you reach your goal you don't stay in one spot, it moves around with the events of life. The same tools you use to lose weight apply for maintaince. You enjoy life and feasts and celebrations, and then at some point you reign it in and get back to business again until the next round of social events.

As for your question: The leaner you get the more fat you will lose in your butt and upper legs. That is usually the last to go, and it's harder (or nearly impossible) to get rid of that completely if you are taking birth control pills. The only time you have to really worry about that is if you decide to compete in a fitness competition (I have never done that). But really that little bit of fat left is what makes you look womanly and curvy and it's beautiful. As you lose that last bit of fat (if you are so inclined) then you must do a lot of glute and leg exercises or you will end up with a flat pancake butt.

But really all women look good with all the glute and leg exercises and you do not have to worry about getting "bulky" even if you lift heavy. "Bulky" is usually either fat, steroids, abuse of hormones, or a combination combination of those. I'm all natural but when I had a lot more fat (and lifted heavy) I looked bulky, and when I was more lean I looked more hard and ripped (even though I was never big), and when I'm more in between I look more "toned" and as my husband says "more curvy" and he says I have more of a pleasant looking "bubble butt". You can have whatever you want, it's all a result of how much fat you decide to leave on your body and how much you decide to work your glutes and legs with weight lifting.

Every girl looks better with leg and butt exercises though:

Legs; In addition to Deadlift's, Stiff Leg Dead Lifts, Sumo Dead Lifts and Squats I do Bulgarian Split Squats, Lunges, Reverse lunges, Curtsey lunges, Step Ups, Crossover Bench Step Ups, One legged Deadlifts (T-Bend), Lunge Matrix, Bowler Squat, One Legged Get Ups, Bower Squat and Calf Raise, Bowler Squat + Stiff Leg Deadlift, Curtsey Lunge + Dumbbell Squat, T-Bend + Y-Squat, Reverse Lunge & Step Up, Curtsey Lunge + Step Up, Y-squat, Narrow Stance Squat

oh awesome thank you for the information. so it would be better to do leg and butt exercises because it would probably get the lift and shape that it needs rather than not doing it and it getting flat.
  • asdfluvrgirl
    Options
    Height: 5'1"
    Weight: 98 lbs
    Waist: 24"
    Hips: 32"
    Bust: 32"
  • dunlunicor
    dunlunicor Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    5'1.5

weight 115 (down from about 190)
    neck:11.5
    arms:9.75
    bust:32
    waist: 28
    hips:34
  • tidetevo
    tidetevo Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Height: 5' 1"
    Weight: 192
    Bust: 49 :sad:
    Waist: 49:sad:
    Hips: 49:sad:

Square frame lolll:laugh:
  • miadhail
    miadhail Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You know, I actually love being short. I used to hate it, but now I see its perks :P

A month ago,
    5'2 weight 179
    neck:13.5
    arms:13.5
    waist: 33.5
    hips:39

Recently,
    5'2 weight 172
    neck:13.5
    arms:13
    waist: 32
    hips:37

I have always had a well endowed butt lol, but I realised that it has gotten firmer and perkier :) I owe it to squats and lunges, and heavy weights :) hehe.
  • arlenem1974
    arlenem1974 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Hight 5'1"
    age 38
    Before
    weight 190 LBS
    waist 41
    Hips 46

after
    weight 167
    waist 38
    hips 43
  • Tetonia
    Tetonia Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Height 5' 2"
    Age 47

these are stats from 3 months ago and now
    Weight 125 down to 116
    Waist 32, currently 28
    Hips 38, currently 36
    Chest 32, currently 31
    my arms haven't changed but they look more toned.
  • SmDowling22
    SmDowling22 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    First day :)
    Height 5'0''
    Weight: 149Lbs (Current)
    Bust: 40"
    Waist: 32"
    Hips: 39"

I had a baby 15 months ago and Ive been stuck at this weight for 8 months!!!
    I used to work out every other day before summer hit and vacations took over and now the holidays are even worse! Trying to get my family back on point with eating better and working out again!