Who else have a hard time w/ diet this holiday weekend?

Options
Went over my calorie goal yesterday and today and feeling lousy about it. Not by a TON, but I'm still bummed about it.

Anybody else think it'll be easier to get back on track when the Thanksgiving weekend is over (I'm referring to US users)?

Replies

• lipglossjunky73
    lipglossjunky73 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I automatically factor in that my intake will be higher holiday weekends. I try to limit it to a DAY, and not a weekend though. So, one night I will have pie for dessert. Not every night. Just one night. The next day, I will have wine. Not every day. Same thing for Christmas holiday. One or 2 days may be a little more than I would normally eat, but I then adjust what I eat other days, and add a few more runs and workouts in. This is the rest of your life. You can slip a few days here and there for the rest of your life!
  • Tunia85
    Tunia85 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I didn't go over yesterday, but I did today and after running. Feel bad, but will get up on that horse again tomorrow. We are weak. We make mistakes, but it pays to try again and learn from our mistakes.
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    yep. this whole week has been ridiculous for me because of the holiday and my baby being sick, us getting no sleep and now my boyfriend and i are sick. i haven't been counting calories consistently all that long, so i think this past week i quite the hiccup, but i plan on getting back on track sometime this weekend but def by Monday.

Eventually life and all of its surprises and stressors will not cause such a hiccup in my counting calories and eating healthy as eventually, it will become my nature...

I am just not giving myself a hard time about it for now.
  • WifeyCarion
    Options
    Yeah, definitely feel a little guilty about all the Thanksgiving dinners I ate, but whenever I eat that much my workouts are SO MUCH more awesome the next day! Use those calories as fuel, girl!
  • Di6154
    Di6154 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I used to teaspoon rule for the day...a teaspoon of my favorite the high calorie goodies, skip those that are good but not a fav. A splash of cranberry or pom juice in diet soda makes a low calorie drink. I also made sugar-free pumpkin custard. I could indulge in the best part of the pumpkin pie...no crust, just the filling with no sugar.

It is tough when everyone is eating and drinking but keep logging and amp up the exercise. I think that is what Black Friday is for...burn off the 3500 average calories eaten for Thanksgiving.

Good luck to everyone on this site.
  • mondaygirl7
    mondaygirl7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I went over my calorie goal on Thanksgiving too, but the most important thing ( IMHO) is to resume counting calories on MFP the very next day ,, in other words go right back to counting and it won't be an issue... so I don't feel bad about enjoying myself on Thanksgiving, it's only one day . :)

Also, I think gaining those holiday pounds is mostly from eating carelessly from Thanksgiving until New Years day ,instead of only going " off" one day , for example " thanksgiving day" , " Christmas day " . One day off will not make a person gain weight , it's many days and weeks that will do that . Hope this helps. :)
  • psychic_atrophy
    Options
    I didn't log on Thanksgiving, largely because I didn't make the food so I didn't know every little ingredient. I tried to be good, didn't stuff myself, limited sweets. My weigh in day was this morning and I didn't want to mess up all my progress this past week. But as others have said, star right back on track the very next day.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Actually did not go over my limit for T-Day. But then again I made sure that I did my daily routine with just a bit extra effort. I did eat more in the day than normal but when we went to the movie, we had eaten already.

I fully expected the scale to register higher this morning than Thursday morning (Sunday is typically my personal weigh-in day with Monday being for a program I am paarticipating in. Scale still registered 174. Today I am being mindful of the leftovers.
  • stockholmhasago
    Options
    Did pretty crummy yesterday and today...but I ended my night on a MUCH better note (Had that will power kick in) and I'll be back to normal tomorrow...it happens.

More bummed by the fact I've gotta take a break from my running for a couple of weeks until my stupid shins don't hurt.