Does anyone use test pants?

Options
2»

Replies

• seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    i have size 3 pants that i fit in to before i gained weight that im slowing working my way back in to. it will be a good day when they fit perfectly again
  • getfitnfab
    getfitnfab Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Went to a store bought from size 14's to 2's three years ago.

All same style same cut.

As of today am a lose 2, wish I had bought 0's.

Never thought I would wear 2's
  • absolutionneverrelativity
    Options
    I haven't purposely gone out and brought a smaller size in jeans/pants but when I needed to get some more and it was a toss up between a size that was a little tight and one which was slightly lose I went with the tighter ones in the hope it would give me some encouragement. Now they fit perfectly : )
  • Janelle173
    Janelle173 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Before I got pregnant the first time, I was in a size 3/4/5/6. After pregnancy/miscarriage/weight gain of 15 lbs, i was in size 7-9. After having my son, I was in size 16. (from 120 lbs-130 lbs, to 145 then to180.)

I have pant sizes from all those eras, plus my now ex sis in law gave me a ton of pants in size 12. So, I am lucky.

I bought 16, 14.

I am currently wearing 14's and they are getting more loose. I think I am going to start trying on my 12's every week to see if any of them fit. One 12 I have fits me comfortably right now, but it also fit me (but didn't look pretty) when I was a true size 16.

I like the idea of having the pants to try on. If you don't have the money, you could shop at second hand stores, or take a trip to a retail store every week or so and just try on the next size down, and don't buy it/them until you can fit and want to buy them.

I am going to start picking out my fave next size down of each item (jeans, shirt) and hang them in my view and use those to try on weekly.
  • Flamencoflynnie
    Flamencoflynnie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thats amazing. Well done you!
  • cralymoi
    Options
    I never thought of it in this way, but I do have a pair of amazing sass and bide jeans I'm trying to get back into! I tried them on a few days ago, I could do them up, but only just and had mega muffin top (eek!), the fact that I could at least put them on motivated me though! Not long now!!
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'd just sometimes go to a store and try on a few pairs of jeans... I wouldn't buy jeans before I know they fit and look good, jeans is expensive...
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Heck yeah! I kept a favorit pair of jean shorts that were a size 8 in like 1989....i loved those shorts and am glad i kept them now! I am smaller now than I was then!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have found having smaller pants and shirts around to be a big motivator and an easy way to quantify what is happening with my weight loss. I started the year wearing with my belly hanging over my 38in waist jeans and stretching out X-Large t-shirts. As the year progressed I would try on smaller shirts and pants, then move to that size when I could look in the mirror and not go, "No way, that looks ridiculous.

I am currently down to a pair of 32in waist 501's that I don't need to wear a belt with because my waist is several inches smaller than my hips now and a small t-shirt is tight across the chest and loose across the belly. :smile:
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I did that in a way. I had a closet full of size 6 jeans from before. Now they all fit. Some are a little snugger than I prefer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!