Slim pasta/noodles/rice

Options
Anyone tried these...... I'm having my first bowl of slim noodles just now and there ok.....

Replies

• toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Them be the shiritaki noodles? I found the odor off-putting. Weren't bad. I'd rather be pasta free than eat that again though.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I use them in stirfrys as noodles because they are so far from pasta it led to disappointment
  • czapp1
    czapp1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i found eating shirataki noodles to be like eating raw squid. not for me.
  • CaitySins
    CaitySins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm very picky with noodles (and most other foods), the only ones I'll eat is koka curry noodles (which however are 300Cals)
    If you don't like the taste of them, dress them up with something else, like soy sauce. If you're forcing yourself to eat something you don't like you'll most likely end up binging later trying to sate your hunger/taste.
  • louloubabydoll
    louloubabydoll Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I used the noodles in a stir fry which was ok... Wondering how to flavour the rice when eating with fish and things...
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Them be the shiritaki noodles? I found the odor off-putting. Weren't bad. I'd rather be pasta free than eat that again though.

It's suggested that you give the noodles a good rinse after you've removed them from the packaging, I've found this helps with the odours. Once you've mixed them with whatever sauce/seasoning you're using they are fine.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    You mean the Konjac vegetable slim pasta? I have used them quite a bit in spagehetti or stirfry. I like them however they are not much good in meals if you then intend on freezing it.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have given up on shirataki noodles, if i make stir fry i just serve it over raw spinach or shredded cabbage..
  • msbunnie68
    msbunnie68 Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Not a fan.