zumba

Options
So jus wondering about who has lost weight doing zumba?

Replies

• Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    can't say I "lost" my weight doing zumba...but zumba is helping me get the bod I want!
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I lost 45 pounds doing Zumba two nights a week and had so much fun doing it! I went to a class where the instructor used the zumba/hip-hop mix music. I knew that I wouldn't do it at home. Unfortunately, life got in the way, I had to stop going, and have gained twenty of those pounds back. I HAVE to get back into that class!!!

Just make sure you have the right type of shoes. You do so many turns on the balls of your feet that if you are wearing shoes that have a lot of grip, you will injure your knee.

Have fun!
  • PINKinquisition1908
    Options
    Zumba is a great weight loss tool coupled with calorie restriction. I love it so much because you are burning calories, while having fun. It doesn't even feel like exercise--when compared with running or jogging. You're enjoying yourself so much you barely notice your heart is pumping like crazy.
  • MommaShorty
    MommaShorty Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost about 10 lbs doing zumba and half way watching what I was eating and it was great to just laugh and have fun. Then I had to have surgery and gained it back but now Im wanting to get back into it but my instructor isn't doing it anymore.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    I am losing weight with Zumba and tracking my calories.. I do it 5-6 days a week and love it... I think almost 8 pounds in a little over a month..
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I have. 30lbs so far. Zumba is not my only thing but it's the tie. I eat properly (most of the time), cycle and go to a Zumba class. I never got on with Zumba videos/on the wii. They don't compare to the workout you get in the class.
  • piggydog
    piggydog Posts: 322
    Options
    I lift weights and walk 2/3 days a week and do Zumba 2/3 days a week
    I like it because its fun and its something different
    My Zumba instructor does a boot camp at the end of class so that's nice also
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I lost about 30 of my 40 lb lost with zumba and calorie counting. I think its reallly fun and I think its what is really helping me to lose weight due to high calorie burn gives me more wriggle room for eating.
  • misstoridanielle
    misstoridanielle Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me! I've lost 37 pounds thanks to zumba :) I've never been one for the machines at the gym so zumba is perfect for me. And to make sure I'm mixing up my workout, I make sure to go to different instructors and take different classes, like zumba toning.
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    our zumba instructor just started including weights to our routine...wow! Talk about a workout!
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    can't say I "lost" my weight doing zumba...but zumba is helping me get the bod I want!

This!
  • Julicat6
    Julicat6 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Most fun cardio ever! Great burn and the ab work really helps me strengthen my core. I had lost around 40 lbs since Feb. 2011, but adding frequent ZUmba to my workout mix late AUgust/early Sept has torched 20lbs. I had already lost some before I found MFP, (WW prior to Sept 2012) 14 lbs since Sept 13 2012. Zumba is great motivation too. I want my body to look like my Instructor's.:bigsmile:
  • lisar1208
    lisar1208 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have a quick question. How do you track the zumba on your fitness? I couldn't find anything just dancing. If I do a 45 minute class how would I track it? Thanks
  • MJesuele126
    MJesuele126 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I have a quick question. How do you track the zumba on your fitness? I couldn't find anything just dancing. If I do a 45 minute class how would I track it? Thanks

zumbacalories.com =)
  • Lyssa62
    Options
    I wear my fitbit during zumba and just let it calculate for me..it's way lower than the zumba calorie website and I'd rather have a low guesstimate.
  • darwinforyou
    darwinforyou Posts: 988 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Zumba - because I get more sweaty than I have ever been doing it. Perhaps it's the instructor I have, but she seriously kicks your butt. No babies in our class! My friend wore a HRM and she burned 650 calories in our session - I believe it. I've definitely lost weight doing it. I also recommend the right shoes for it - I recently purchased Nike Musique shoes - and they work awesome, they let you pivot and move like you need to. Otherwise as someone else said - your feet can stick.

If you love to dance like me - you'll love zumba.
  • lisar1208
    lisar1208 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Well you all who know me already know I love Zumba! I have lost 70 lbs- most from this fitness format. I love it so much in March 2011 I became a licensed instructor. Once I started teaching, I found out I work a lot harder teaching than I did as a student. You always have to be "on"- can't take it easy while teaching. It also forces me never to "not go to the gym"- no excuses, I have to be there. I also get my gym membership for free!! But, no amount of fitness will help you lose weight if you don't maintain your diet. That has been my challenge- and super excited because I revamped my everything with diet a few weeks ago- and my 6 month plateau (seriously- I didn't gain but didn't lose only because of all the classes). I am logging everything- I am incorporating diet with fitness seriously for the first time in my life! And I am seeing results already- super exciting!

I teach Zumba
    Zumbatomic (kids program- help fighting childhood obesity!)
    Zumba Gold (for beginnings or for those needing lower impact cardio due to injury or age limitations)
    Zumba Toning (as mentioned above- adding in weight training/muscle isolation-killer workout!)
    Aqua Zumba- party in the pool, using resistance of the water!!
  • marmitebirdie
    marmitebirdie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    same :) i havent LOST any weight for a few months but zumba twice a week with a low impact aerobics class too has helped me tone up :) if u look at my profile pic the difference is amazing and i thank zumba for that :) x
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Me! I have.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!