Knee High Boots

Options
Heather1899
Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
Not sure if this is the right forum...maybe it goes in weight loss?
Anyways, am I the only one whose legs are too fat to fit into knee high boots? I've been from Bon Ton and JC Penny today and none of them fit!! This happened last year too...
The zipping ones do not zip up much past my ankles. And I found a pair that didn't zip and they just didn't make it all the way up.
I have fat legs!! I do carry most of my weight in my lower legs and thighs...and even though I've already lost weight my legs still never got that smaller so I don't think weight loss will help. This is just the way my body is structured :(
Am I the only one? Is there a way or a place to find knee high boots with more leg room??

Replies

• Polly758
    Polly758 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Look for "wide shaft" or "wide calf" boots

http://www.zappos.com/wide-calf
  • schondell
    schondell Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Try knee high boots again once you've hit your weight loss target, but they also offer boots for people with thicker calves and etc at online stores!
  • Heather1899
    Heather1899 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Thanks!!
  • jgsparks89
    jgsparks89 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    My sister in law has always had this problem! She's not really that heavy, she just has very muscular legs and calves. She gets her boots from Plus Sized women's stores, like Lane Bryant. They have more room in the calf/knee section and some have some stretch to them as well for comfort.
  • vickilm1976
    vickilm1976 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have been going through this exact same thing this past week. I managed a few years ago to find a wide pair, but they are gone now and finding a replacement pair is painful. I feel your pain
  • chnkydnknmomma
    Options
    You're not the only one. I can't get buy knee high boots in a regular store, but Lane Bryant carries wide-calf boots,or you can google wide-calf boots. There is quite a good selection online.
  • Ghkffb56
    Ghkffb56 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Amazon.com ^^
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    if they are more flimsy zip them up first and then pull them up
  • jjshulou
    Options
    There's a plus size store, Torrid, they carry boots for larger legs. You can buy them online, but I suggest going to the store to try them on if there's one near you. I've tried some on that are actually too loose.
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Even at my slimmest weight I could never get my calves into knee high boots lol x