Not new but losing faith

I am hoping to find new friends that are about my weight (250) or has a start weight about 250-300 and managed to lose and keep off weight. I started off good working out daily and eating healthier but lately just dont feel like putting in the extra effort and am staying about the same. I need some more support that knows where im coming from and can keep me motivated

Im 29
Start weight when i finally weight myself 270
Current weight 249
Goal weight 150

Replies

• restoreleanne
    restoreleanne Posts: 217 Member
    Hi my name is Leanne I have been on here for a while and it has help me out. Very committed to losing this weight no matter how long it takes. Feel free to add me
  • I would be happy to help....I have lost over 100lbs...started losing before I joined MFP...I know how hard the road is, but it is do-able! Just have to stay the course...and not give up! Don't put ridiculous restrictions on yourself that are impossible to maintain...and find a workout routine that you enjoy and can look forward to!! Also reward yourself along the way for smaller goals...mani/pedi/massage/new workout clothes...etc...something that you can enjoy and can help keep you motivated!!
  • Mia2891
    Mia2891 Posts: 54 Member
    Hi, I'm Mia. I've also been here for a while. I'm 30, My starting weight was 265. I am currently at 180. I've been at a standstill for a bit, but I have all intentions of reaching my goal weight of 150. Feel free to add me!
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Hi I'm Jerry, I'm still losing I'm at 286 heading to 170, willing to help anyone needing assistance. We can do it, good luck.
  • Thanks i really appriciate the support and the new friends and im hoping i can help you as much as you are already helping me
  • phyllisbobbitt
    phyllisbobbitt Posts: 347 Member
    :bigsmile: my top weight was 290, I am now under 190 with a few more pounds to go, feel free to add me as a friend we all could use a little more help from time to time
  • hungrypotato
    hungrypotato Posts: 1,642 Member
    My start weight was 290 and now I am now 225.

Don't lost faith. Think about how you will look and feel when you get to your weight.

Also with less weight you are at a much less chance of getting injured or disease.
  • Kswiss83
    Kswiss83 Posts: 41 Member
    I am also 29. I struggle with the same issue that you do. I am currently 224. It's tough when you hit a plateau. We can support each other.
  • i just joined last night and have a starting weight of 320.. have loads to lose. feel free to add me and anyone else for that matter as i will be here for a LONG time;)
  • Joanitude
    Joanitude Posts: 171 Member
    Im 29
    Start weight when i finally weight myself 270
    Current weight 249
    Goal weight 150
    Good job so far! I hope you stick with it - I wish I had when I was there. Instead you could be me, a few years older (56) and and even heavier (300) and have tried every fad diet out there. Diets don't work - you have to make actual changes to your lifestyle. That means slowly over time, one choice at a time. It's long and slow...but you can do it now, or you can do it later. :)
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    I understand what you are talking about. My heaviest wt. was 325, but when I started to lose this last time I was 304. I am now down to 200 and feel like I will never get any lower. I know that I will, but it will take more work and a cleaner diet. I am 49 and the age doesn't help either. Please feel free to add me for support and motivation.
  • My weight when i started was 250lbs. I am now 185lbs and it has been 14 months of work. I have 15 lbs before my original goal weight (170) but would like to get to 150. Add me if you like..Im on everyday!!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Feel free to add me. I try to log on everyday and be an encouragment to my friends. I'm not always the best friend... but, I try. :wink:

I'm 28 (almost 29... in 2 months). My highest weight (March 2011) was 306. I lost 42 pounds, and then started to gain it back. My starting weight this time around was 281.3. I'm now down to 255.7.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Sorry for the length of this post in advance but I copied it from 'my home'. This is what I posted on my main page this morning...

So, I read something the other day that was profound. I didn't know it was going to be a profound statement when I read it, but as a couple of days passed it just 'clicked' that you know...that makes too much sense! I read it on a blog and am trying to find it again so I will paraphrase here since I cannot quote from memory. The girl was young but had her share of struggle with weight. She said that many people had asked here how she kept going...how did she stay motivated. She said that she didn't stay motivated. She said, do not believe that motivation will always be with you because it won't. Whenever someone starts to change their life and habits they are full of motivation. It is strong and can move you through that first exercise that almost kills you after having a sedentary life. Motivation hangs around as the scale moves and the clothes start to get too big. Then somewhere along the journey, you don't see the scale move quickly or at all, life gets in the way, or we just lose that fire within us to keep fighting. Too many people mistakenly believe that they have lost motivation and have to find it again. She says those people would be wrong. She said that is when our first learning experience of the new life begins. It is at this point that when motivation takes the back burner and we need to realize the true element that will get us to goal and keep us there. Consistency. She said when we feel that motivation has left us, we need to hang on to consistency. If we remain consistent in our eating habits without question, if we remain consistent in our exercise even though we won't feel like it, motivation will jump right in front of us when we do not even expect it. She said that too many people go in search of motivation and let consistency go to the wayside. Most people will not find motivation and then have lost the consistency of eating right and working out. This is when they start to resort back to those bad comfortable habits. She said just stay consistent, without question, and motivation will find you! She finished by saying hopefully at that point we will realize the true victor in the battle is consistency and not motivation at all!
    This was so profound to me...that it was actually motivating!! It is so true! How many of us heard the alarm go off in the morning and really wanted to stay in bed but we MADE ourselves get up and go work out? Consistency!
    Just wanted to share this since it was so simple yet eye opening for me and hope that during this holiday season it would help some of my MFP family also! Have a great weekend! ~Sandi

Anyone can feel free to add me as a friend if they like.... just keep fighting!!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Feel free to add me. I try to log on everyday and be an encouragment to my friends. I'm not always the best friend... but, I try. :wink:

I'm 28 (almost 29... in 2 months). My highest weight (March 2011) was 306. I lost 42 pounds, and then started to gain it back. My starting weight this time around was 281.3. I'm now down to 255.7.

I should also add that this time around is my last time around. This time around, I'll succeed. I am more confident now than I have been in a long long long time.