New here....

Options
I have done Weight Watchers Online in the past and decided I cannot live my life counting points for the rest of my life. Too confusing! So, I am starting to count calories, which seems alot easier to me and less confusing.
I turned 40 Wednesday, and I weight about 202 lbs. I want 40 to be the best year of my life, so I am going to lose AT LEAST 40 pounds. I am looking for friends on here that are going through the same struggles who want to lose this weight for GOOD!

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, feel free to add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • CanadaLiz
    CanadaLiz Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Add me if you wish - I'm also on track to lose 40 lbs....just started a few weeks ago!
  • projectklara
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want to :)
  • deseraeloves
    deseraeloves Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Good luck! MFP is an awesome tool! Feel free to add me, any of you...
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I am 49 and started here on my birthday in August, with the goal of losing 73 pounds by my 50th birthday. I have 48 more to go, so I think I am going to make it, or at least get close. I prefer counting calories and nutrients over points as well. Feel free to add me if you like.

ETA- Altho my biggest motivation when I started was losing the weight by my 50th birthday, this is a life change for me. I will continue eating healthy and exercising to maintain my weight loss and be as healthy as possible for the rest of my hopefully very long life!
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp and I would like to wish you an early happy birthday. This site is so easy to use and everyone is so friendly, supportive and encouraging. Feel free to add me.
  • FitzyFitzpatrick
    FitzyFitzpatrick Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Yup, add me too. Would love the extra support, as long as you have an open diary, and log every day!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    Add me too! I also did WW for a period of time, but love MFP much better!
  • corman42
    Options
    The one piece of advice I can give you is to scan things instead for trying to find them and make sure you adjust the serving size to fit what you are doing.

Welcome, add me if you would like.
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    WW never really worked for me either.... MFP is a much better tool because you get to see the whole picture of your food choices!

Welcome and know that you can do this!!

~Sandi
  • Akumu
    Akumu Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Feel free to add me. I also did WW but like you, don't want to be converting to WW points all the time. This site is just as good and free, with a strong community as well.
  • kaytiemarie1
    Options
    Welcome! I did Weight Watchers for a year before switching to My Fitness Pal. I lost 45 on Weight Watchers and have lost an additional 20 on My Fitness Pal. I got sick of paying for Weight Watchers.

Feel free to add me! I login everyday. :)
  • Bernadettetoo
    Options
    Welcome!! Request sent. :smile:
  • majons
    Options
    I am new too and am older than 40 but still fighting the battle. Have done ALL the diets and know diets dont work! Need to learn to make better choices and portion control along with exercise, most of all, I don;t want to give up anything. I believe it can be done. Count me in if you need to vent or need encouragement. Support means a lot!!:happy:
  • fitpam90x
    fitpam90x Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Good for you for taking initiative to make this your year!
    Anyone is free to add me (:

Cheers!
  • OnyxPenguin82
    Options
    Hey! Welcome!
    I tried WW off and on, I HATED counting! I am trying Herbalife now and I have lost 20lbs! I log in daily as well, would love to make a new friend!
  • Vickyhill2012
    Vickyhill2012 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm new too feel free to add me :smile: