Weekend Advice

Hey everyone!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem but I am doing really well Mondays through Thursdays then I completely blow it Friday through Saturday (sometimes Sunday too!) One of my problems is that I have a boyfriend who has the metabolism of a 13 year old cheerleader and he eats (and drinks) whatever he wants without thinking twice. Since we only see each other on the weekends we are always going out to dinners or bars.

Can anyone who has conquered the dreaded weekends please give me some tips? I would really appreciate it!

:heart: Lauren

Replies

• Hey everyone!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one who has this problem but I am doing really well Mondays through Thursdays then I completely blow it Friday through Saturday (sometimes Sunday too!) One of my problems is that I have a boyfriend who has the metabolism of a 13 year old cheerleader and he eats (and drinks) whatever he wants without thinking twice. Since we only see each other on the weekends we are always going out to dinners or bars.

Can anyone who has conquered the dreaded weekends please give me some tips? I would really appreciate it!

:heart: Lauren
  • denisez
    denisez Posts: 8
    Stay really active on the weekends to burn up any extra calories. Also, remember to drink a lot of water. it will help fill you up and flush stuff through. Remember, life is full of choices!!

Denise
  • AJneuro
    AJneuro Posts: 33
    If i know i'm going to be going out for dinner and i know in advance where i'm going, i usually try to find their menu online and plan what i'll order ahead of time -- i usually never order something straight off the menu -- i always pick something like grilled fish or chicken and modify it -- restaraunts are usually very good about making any mdofications you ask for -- like making sure it isn't cooked in butter -- also i usually sub any sides for steamed veggies -- and double chek there is no butter on them -- if i order a salad i get the dressing on the side -- and if steamed veggies or black beans or any other healthy sides aren't available, just ask them to leave out the sides altogether -- i know it can be complicated but as you get used to it it becomes very quick -- and i have never had a problem with a waiter being rude about my weird requests!
  • KrisKabob
    KrisKabob Posts: 1,250 Member
    I agree with Denise... stay active... if your "out" choose a place that offers dancing. dancing burns the cals!!!

Plus, just be sure to make semi-healthy food choices when you eat out... just don't go overboard on junk when you eat out. Try to leave some food on your plate or tell your BF to take half of something - I'm sure he won't care... I do it to my Hubby all the time.

Also, try to choose alcoholic drinks that are "healthier" (if you will).

Good luck! :flowerforyou: The weekends are tough!!! Heehee!

:heart: KB
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    I used to relax my weekend workout but i have actually stepped them up the passed 3 weekends and have kept my weight even friday to monday. If I know i am going out for dinner, i just keep strict all day with light meals and eat a light snack b4 heading out so not to be starving when we hit the menu.
    AND...diet vodka tonics are roughly 70-80 kcals....:drinker:
    Just chart everything as you go so you know where you stand.