Protein Powders

Options
I haven't tried any of them before. I'm thinking of adding it to my diet. What are some of the good tasting ones?

Replies

• testease
    testease Posts: 220
    Options
    I like vanilla in my coffee, its also easy to add to a lot of other things.
  • purrywinkle
    Options
    Add vanilla to your greek yogurt! It's delicious!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have an uncanny ability to ignore taste. I have yet to try one that tastes good. They all taste like you're eating plastic. Just plug your nose and choke it down.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I use the Lean Shake by GNC protein powders, I like chocolate and I mix it in with peanut butter, yummmm! They now sale chocolate peanut butter mix too. IMO vanilla bean and pumpkin spice are ick...
  • ma_oeuvre
    Options
    Add vanilla to your greek yogurt! It's delicious!!

I second this! Greek or natural, it tastes lovely. I also mix in a little peanut butter when I have breakfast - great start to the day, that :)
  • Wilson929
    Options
    I use the Amp Pro Whey Extreme 60 from GNC. I like the chocolate. It's lower in calories and still get a good high protein intake. I mix it with milk, coffee, and banana in a shake. Super good. If it means anything.. my 4 yr. old likes it and you know it's got to be pretty good when a kid likes it. :0)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of posting this topic myself. I'm not so concerned with flavor, willing to taste a variety but there are big differences in cost and what they are made of. Any guidance at all is welcome either here or message me. Thanks.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    it's not a protein powder, but I really like shakeology. but for price, most people seem to like isopure. I have the cookies n cream one, and it's decent. a little too vanilla-y for me, but I like dark chocolate a lot. I usually order from allstarhealth, my friend LOVES the alpine and banana flavors...
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    Options
    I drink Isopure it has no carbs no sugars and no bull**** in it so I love it, it also offers a pretty epic 25g per scoop
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    also also, this isn't a powder, but I use textured vegetable protein to add more protein to my meals.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is the brand I think tastes best. I tried 1 or 2 from walmart and they were horrible and you couldn't cover up the taste.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I've been using the GNC Lean 25 (Vanilla) So delicious with a Banana , Almond milk and a flavored Yogurt .. If I want chocolate I add 2 Tbl spoons of Hershey chocolate powder ...

I just Bought the 6lb bag of 100% Whey at Costco , I haven't tried it yet, but it seemed like the best Value compared to other protein powders .
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    i go which chocolate and usually get the GNC Amp brand which is a little pricey ..you can get gold standard whey for less...and it tastes pretty good...

chocloate powder + milk + crushed ice = milk shae..only way freaking better for you ...!
  • fromfatwlk2catwlk
    Options
    Check out Shakeology...it is my favorite plus it is packed with micronutrients!
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    Options
    I like WHEY (vanilla) PROTEIN! I add frozen blueberries,or add spinach,pineapple,apple,cactus!! and taste delicious !+27grams of protein for each scoop.:happy:
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I like Red 8 Whey powder. The vanilla tastes yummy and has very few additives.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using one from wal mart-body fortress I think. Its ok-I do however feel nauseated after I have it for some reason. Not sure if its a crap brand or just the whey powder itself?
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    Options
    I drink Isopure it has no carbs no sugars and no bull**** in it so I love it, it also offers a pretty epic 25g per scoop

I love, love, love Isopure!!! I have been using it for almost a year. I have 2 shakes a day which is 100g of protein. I haven't come across a flavor I don't like yet.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    EAS soy protein powder in oatmeal. u can add a packet of no cal sweetener if you need too.
  • chrisdoxey89
    Options
    i use the impact whey protein, from Myprotein.com -

great stuff mixes well tastes great, i use 3 x 50g servings a day.