Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein Powders

I haven't tried any of them before. I'm thinking of adding it to my diet. What are some of the good tasting ones?

Replies

• testease
    testease Posts: 220
    I like vanilla in my coffee, its also easy to add to a lot of other things.
  • Add vanilla to your greek yogurt! It's delicious!!
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    I have an uncanny ability to ignore taste. I have yet to try one that tastes good. They all taste like you're eating plastic. Just plug your nose and choke it down.
  • jnn0409
    jnn0409 Posts: 171 Member
    I use the Lean Shake by GNC protein powders, I like chocolate and I mix it in with peanut butter, yummmm! They now sale chocolate peanut butter mix too. IMO vanilla bean and pumpkin spice are ick...
  • Add vanilla to your greek yogurt! It's delicious!!

I second this! Greek or natural, it tastes lovely. I also mix in a little peanut butter when I have breakfast - great start to the day, that :)
  • I use the Amp Pro Whey Extreme 60 from GNC. I like the chocolate. It's lower in calories and still get a good high protein intake. I mix it with milk, coffee, and banana in a shake. Super good. If it means anything.. my 4 yr. old likes it and you know it's got to be pretty good when a kid likes it. :0)
  • anifani4
    anifani4 Posts: 457 Member
    I was thinking of posting this topic myself. I'm not so concerned with flavor, willing to taste a variety but there are big differences in cost and what they are made of. Any guidance at all is welcome either here or message me. Thanks.
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    it's not a protein powder, but I really like shakeology. but for price, most people seem to like isopure. I have the cookies n cream one, and it's decent. a little too vanilla-y for me, but I like dark chocolate a lot. I usually order from allstarhealth, my friend LOVES the alpine and banana flavors...
  • RodSuarez
    RodSuarez Posts: 6,309 Member
    I drink Isopure it has no carbs no sugars and no bull**** in it so I love it, it also offers a pretty epic 25g per scoop
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    also also, this isn't a powder, but I use textured vegetable protein to add more protein to my meals.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Optimum Nutrition is the brand I think tastes best. I tried 1 or 2 from walmart and they were horrible and you couldn't cover up the taste.
  • bbgughj
    bbgughj Posts: 219 Member
    I've been using the GNC Lean 25 (Vanilla) So delicious with a Banana , Almond milk and a flavored Yogurt .. If I want chocolate I add 2 Tbl spoons of Hershey chocolate powder ...

I just Bought the 6lb bag of 100% Whey at Costco , I haven't tried it yet, but it seemed like the best Value compared to other protein powders .
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    i go which chocolate and usually get the GNC Amp brand which is a little pricey ..you can get gold standard whey for less...and it tastes pretty good...

chocloate powder + milk + crushed ice = milk shae..only way freaking better for you ...!
  • Check out Shakeology...it is my favorite plus it is packed with micronutrients!
  • amore78
    amore78 Posts: 175
    I like WHEY (vanilla) PROTEIN! I add frozen blueberries,or add spinach,pineapple,apple,cactus!! and taste delicious !+27grams of protein for each scoop.:happy:
  • jencjeffery
    jencjeffery Posts: 99 Member
    I like Red 8 Whey powder. The vanilla tastes yummy and has very few additives.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I'm currently using one from wal mart-body fortress I think. Its ok-I do however feel nauseated after I have it for some reason. Not sure if its a crap brand or just the whey powder itself?
  • Lissa_M
    Lissa_M Posts: 131
    I drink Isopure it has no carbs no sugars and no bull**** in it so I love it, it also offers a pretty epic 25g per scoop

I love, love, love Isopure!!! I have been using it for almost a year. I have 2 shakes a day which is 100g of protein. I haven't come across a flavor I don't like yet.
  • ilovescarymovies
    ilovescarymovies Posts: 202 Member
    EAS soy protein powder in oatmeal. u can add a packet of no cal sweetener if you need too.
  • i use the impact whey protein, from Myprotein.com -

great stuff mixes well tastes great, i use 3 x 50g servings a day.