Vegetarians and Vegans?

Options
I just recently became a vegetarian about three months ago, and I haven't met many vegetarians or vegans on this site. I'm actually planning to become vegan once I move to a different town (there isn't any support in the one I currently live in) and I would love to friend more people who share the same views as me! Also, if you have any recipes that you'd like to share feel free to do so because I'd love to try them out and I'm sure other people would as well. :)

Replies

• craftybirdy
    Options
    I'm a sort-of new vegan and I love it so far. Search the group section and you'll find plenty of support.
  • hannahamay
    hannahamay Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'll be sure to do that. :)
  • s89s
    s89s Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and have been for about 15 years now. Not too sure how much I can help but just give me a shout if at all. Most difficult thing I find with being vegetarian and on a "diet"/lifestyle modification is finding sources of good quality protein. Quorn, eggs, cottage cheese, edamame and beans are my current go-tos.
  • erin4609
    erin4609 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I'm vegan! Add me! :)
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Check out Happy Herbivores and Team Vegan in the group section. :flowerforyou:
  • Kejlina
    Kejlina Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm mostly-vegan (sometimes a little dairy sneaks in).
    I have a public food diary.
    And I'm friendly! Anyone feel free to add me.
  • saltedcaramel86
    saltedcaramel86 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm semi-vegetarian. I'm having a lot of trouble giving up fish/seafood. Only gave up meat this year but on my third attempt at fish which recently lapsed. I'll try again in the new year.

As for dairy, I try to consume organic whenever possible.
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: I am a vegetarian...have been since I was 2. I don't eat meat of any kind or eggs. I do eat dairy. I am really picky about textures which is why I initially "became" a vegetarian. For this reason, it is hard for me to find good protein substitutes (I hate anything that tries to pretend it is meat).

I am actively maintaining my weight but would love interactive friends who regularly log!
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am working on it. I try to be mostly vegetarian but have lapsed in the last 2 weeks. I try to avoid dairy and processed foods. Being a Celiac, I am unable to use most meat substitutes as they seem to add wheat to everything!
  • luckyclover78
    luckyclover78 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I switched to a plant based diet in January. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Jimanders1206
    Jimanders1206 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am working on it :) I am more of a vegetarian - I am eating fruit and veggies and fish - only 2 pieces of beef in 5 months - and very little chicken or turkey. I am doing it for health reasons mostly - I have seen my cholesterol drop to 101 in total and my LD drop to 46 since I started this. Read a great book - on the Okinawan people. I also love the Okinawan sweet potato which is purple.
  • browningk1
    browningk1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan 3 months. I lowered my cholesterol from 284 to 179 and my weight went from 163 to 146. Feel free to add me. I'm also on a couple of vegan & plant based groups on facebook.
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I've been vegetarian for 14 years, and I'm new to veganism. :)