ZUMBA!!

Options
Tried zumba for the first time tonight and wow it was wicked. Be prepared to work! Its all cardio but put to music and different dance styles. Tonight we did belly dance, salsa, samba, and bollywood with a contemporary cool down and it was great its about a 60 min class.
I highly recomend checking out a class, see if you gym offers it or even if there is a dance studio close by that has it.

DEFINITELY GIVE IT A TRY!!

Replies

• shortwasp
    shortwasp Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've seen Zumba commercials on TV, and they do look like fun. I love to dance, so maybe this would be a good workout for me.
  • loverrgirrl
    Options
    Its sooo much fun just make sure to wear shoes you can move in, they make the difference
  • betskev
    betskev Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do Zumba twice a week at the YMCA. I love it! My hrm shows me burning around 400-500 calories for the 60 min. class, and that time goes by fast!
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    A few months ago I asked my yoga instructor if the gym was going to offer Zumba classes soon. My friend has been going to classes at another gym and she loves it. Well, she just told me this week that classes are starting in April! I'm excited because I love to dance and I'm familiar with a lot of the dance styles, like merengue, salsa, samba, reggeton etc.. (I'm dominican). I'm also 12 weeks pregnant and think it would be a fun way to work out. We'll see:)