Hi from St Helens Mother of 4

Options
Hi I am 39 and fed up of being fat it has put a huge strain on my back to the point where I can not bend as my vertebrae are disintegrating, I used to love my garden and growing my own veg and I feel like a huge part of my life is ruined so I am going to un-ruin it manage my pain and crack on with a healthier lifestyle currently i am using a combi of meal replacement and oristat although I havent started the oristat yet. I am looking to make friendd with similar minde folks show have been through similar circumstance. I am a positive person work full time and when my back isnt giving me grief I enjoy shopping spending time with my family and am currently studying for a masters.

Replies

• pandra98
    Options
    My weight has led to back problems too. I have decided like you to change it. I hate the pain I deal with everyday and even though losing all the weight won't get rid of all the pain anything is better than this. I don't want to be on meds because of this. I am a mom of 3 kids and want to get healthy and be able to bend over and pick up my little ones. Lets team up.
  • impossible5072
    Options
    Hi Pandra

Its awful isnt it I was prescribed gabapentin you have to wean on and off it and then to top it up tramadol, then they lifted me onto butrans but gave me start dosage 10mgs I have never been so sick in my life i thought i was dying and the after effects left me so depressed. But once it cleared my system I was back to my normal self but it scared the hell out of me and i was afraid to go back to the docs so came off all my medication, and suffered, I recently gave in and am taking some gabapentin again but am waiting another MRI and am working with the weight management team to try to reduce my weight. I am absolutely willing to team up. I am having 2 meal replacements and an evening meal only started a few days ago then a friend introduced me to this site and it seems really good, so am using the food diary page etc. So I am now 20st 5 lb by christmas am hopeful to be down to at least 20 then am going to tackle each stone as an enemy in itself. How about you? B
  • pandra98
    Options
    I have been on med after med, the last one was vicodin and I hated the feeling I got from it so now I suffer all day everyday. The have done MRI's and bone scans and found I have a buldging disk. I figure being only 32 I would tackle the weight and see how much relief that gives. I am 194 pounds right now and want to lose at least 15 before the end of the year.
  • gillbush123
    gillbush123 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi iam from Wigan, I am 31 and a mum to a 6 month baby girl, I put 5 stone on whilst pregnant and a stone since taking me up to 19.4 stone..
    Are oristat back in stock then? As I was takin xinical 2 years ago to help me lose weight as we wanted a family, It helped me lose 4 stone, but they have not been available since the start of this year, and all the alli tablets were removed from chemists.
    I wish you all the luck with your weight lose journey, feel free to add if you want. Xxx
  • impossible5072
    Options
    Ha ha your going to think I am stupid lol I am 37 not 39 lol, I genuinely believed what I wrote as well I am actually 38 next week so close lol
  • impossible5072
    Options
    well done on the 6lb lost x
  • gillbush123
    Options
    Haha people normally try and make then selfs younger not older lol.
    When are you starting the oriistat? They have a few nasty side effects but really helped me. I ate healthy foods as I was scared of the side effects happening in public lol, and of course they block half the fat you are eating.
    Keep you diary open so we can see what your eating and give advice ect, plus its good to have a look what others are eating for ideas and inspiration. I started back on here 2 weeks ago, monday will be my 3 rd weigh in. started at 19.4 stone I am hoping to get down to 18 stone for Christmas, then same as you take each stone at a time. Small goals over time equals big results. Xxx
  • impossible5072
    Options
    Hiya, I have been on them before but not as a combi, its to compliment the meal shakes means I am reducing my fat content even further. I quite like the meal replacement shakes (the taste I mean) and I can cope without chewing something at the mo (might have chewing gum in all the time then it might eradicate any feelings of the need to chew. Well done really your goal setting is really realistic my problem is I go off and do it on my own and get a fad about one diet or another, but I have lost 2.5 stone on slimfast before years ago. I was 19.11 or something when I was weighed in only a couple of weeks ago then went for weigh in again at the clinic and was 20.5 so this is my starting point. I will see if I can open my diet thingy lol not sure what I am doing at all but nothing new there lol, I can't exercise very well either because of the damage done to my back so that makes me feel a bit rough about myself sometimes. I just am feeling my age too so on top of being fat that age thing is creeping in and I look around and see 40 year olds looking great and think I want to be like that . Those extra high heels everyone's wearing, OOh I have just had a brilliant idea. I am going to set myself a prize for everytime I hit a stone goal, so at 20 stone I think I will buy myself a hat and scarf set a really nice one. I am not going to make whatever it is size specific as I would have to let go of it as I lost weight, I think it could be like an advent calendar and loads of fun, but am not going to identify the next prize till I am working on that goal to not put pressure on myself, what do you think?
  • gillbush123
    Options
    I think it is a great idea Hun, its some thing nice to look forward to after all your hard work, plus some thing you can keep to remind you of your success .
    The one thing I am really looking forward to is being able to buy all clothes in a normal clothes shop, I am a size 26 at the min and I can only find clothes in evens and new look in town. I stopped going into clothes shops once I reached a size 20 because it was depressing so buy most of my clothes on line. So once I get back into a size 18 I am going to buy my self a gorgeous new out fit and make my husband take me out for a meal to show it off.
    To make your diary available for us to see you need to go into 'food' then 'settings' and change privacy.
    What day is you weight in? Xxx