Help! I'm falling of the wagon...

Options
Raphi
Raphi Posts: 124 Member
Hi everyone...
I need to whine right now :sad:
I know I need to be patient and consistent to see results, but I feel that I have to work SO HARD for so little results! I know that at 34 the metabolism slows down and I can't lose weight as quickly as I did after my first pregnancy, and I did lose some weight (and I guess I shouldn't complain since some people here have a lot more to lose than me, sorry) but I'm leaving for Cuba next week and still look pregnant :grumble: AND my baby is 18 months old... So I'm tempted to say "What the heck" and "It's not worth it" and throw away everything. It's been a week since I dropped out of the 30 day shred, haven't done any exercise since then, and I stopped logging in my food 3 days ago; yesterday, I didn't even log in to the site... So I need motivation messages and pep talks ASAP :ohwell:, because I'm slowly turning to my old ways...
Thanks for reading and responding

Replies

• savannahgur
    savannahgur Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is keep focused. Everyone takes a few steps back sometimes..that's a day in a life of a "dieter" BUT what you must always tell yourself is that it won't happen again.

Breathe and move forward...enjoy that cruise.

Just restart your process and stay positive.
  • esco2186
    esco2186 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    DONT GIVE UP! haha seriously why do all the work you did to just let it go? you know? stick with it!
  • bigdawg025
    bigdawg025 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Don't give up!!!!! You just have to do something slightly different... now what that is... I don't know. You will start seeing more results again. It's not worth falling completely off the wagon that's for sure!!!!
  • blueeyeddragon2115
    Options
    So most people don't know this but you should try a different exercise routine. If you mix it up your body doesn't know what to do. If you walk or bike try rollerblading, tennis, volleyball get some friends to play some games with you, try swimming. Just something out of the ordinary and then switch up your foods. Switch to all veggies one day and all fruits the next and then go to a regular day. Confuse your body with the types of food and exercise you do. Also if you try smaller meals like 6 small meals a day with about 200-300 calories per meal and you keep those times regular, you will also be more likely to lose weight. Keep trying, it takes hard work and remember if you go back to your old ways you might just regain what you worked so hard to lose. :) We can do this, just take it one day at a time.
  • snorker88
    snorker88 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about what you haven't done in the past, there's no point its over now. Just start again today, and keep moving forwards towards your goals! good luck :bigsmile:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I fell off the wagon too and trying my hardest to get back on, I know it's hard! You can do it. You are not trying to lose weight just for Cuba, you want to be happy and healthy for the rest of your life. Progress is progress no matter how slow it comes and since you don't have a lot to lose maybe that's why it has slowed down a bit. You can do it! Put your mind to it!
  • krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    You always have to put yourself first. You can do it!!! You just have to take the time to figure out a schedule that you can stick too. I know the feeling, but I also know the feeling when I reach a goal, so that helps me to stay motivated. All you can do is forgive yourself for falling off..then move forward. Choose to start today and choose to stay committed. If you are not happy with your body then it just leads to depression and low self esteem. Think of it as a way of showing that you love yourself:) Enjoy your trip and dont give up. You will be happy in the end if you don't....
  • patricepeop
    patricepeop Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    KEEP GOING!!! Think about what you have accomplished and what you still can do! I have been overweight for 11 years but have always struggled with my weight as an adult! My baby is almost 9 years old (can I still call it baby weight?) and in January when I started this I weighed more than I did when I delivered her! I have tried Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, working out,low calorie, you name it! I am also hypothyroid which can make it difficult to lose weight. This December I started reading about Jorge Cruise's Belly Fat Cure (I have always been a fan of Jorge, very sensible, most of the time:)) I started thinking about all the diets I have done and the one thing I had never done was count sugar. I decided to try it but his plan was a little organic for me. I live in a small midwestern town. Almond milk is not available! I ended up here at MFP and I love it! The calories and the sugar are what I watch the most!!! I have lost 25 pounds since January 1!! Really, never before haveI had this kind of success! Give up sugar you say.....Are you nuts??? That's what I thought until I did it. WOW! I lost 5 pounds the first week and have been going strong. The counters here at MFP are great! When you find what works for you stick to it! I have struggled with dieting because it just never worked and it sucked! This time around it is working and it is almost fun, it is a challenge every single day. Change it up until you find what works! You can do it!!!!!!!!!! KEEP GOING!
  • LongMom
    LongMom Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    It's too bad that you're feeling like you have to work SO HARD! It really doesn't have to feel that way!

I always felt like as a "foodie" I was denying myself something if I "dieted". What I love about this being a lifestyle change is the fun I'm having experimenting with new healthy foods! I love food - all of it - and now that I'm eating healthier and learning about the value of nutrients and calories it's fun and challenging to find "good foods".

I've also found a great exercise class that actually works for me! I love love love to dance, and when I had a "better metabolism" - you know, in my 20's, I danced my butt off every night at the clubs! So imagine my joy at discovering ZUMBA :) The bonus - it's a few hours away from my kids and hubby in the evening - not that I don't "cherish every minute" with them ;) I just happen to cherish every SECOND I get away to be myself! I'm not a DVD person, so I just don't have the motivation to stick to them. I much prefer to walk around the block with my kids, go for a bike ride (again, those precious seconds where I get to be MYSELF lol).

So you see, a big part of this process is finding your groove. Is it always easy? No. Do I "screw up" and eat "bad"? Absolutely. The key is, overall, I'm happy with this lifestyle change. I can sustain this change for the duration of my life!

It didn't just happen over night either. Please don't think it was easy to find "what works for me". Keep pushing through, mix things up, find the right components to this process that work FOR YOU and I guarantee success!!!

HTH!
  • aerobicgirl
    aerobicgirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    look its not gonna happen overnight as much as some of us want it. my baby is 6mths old. and im 28yrs old i have always had a slow meta. and i love to eat. it just changing habits. i try to workout atleast 4 days a week if i can do 5 better for me. but give it time. like the previous tip. change things up a bit, change your foods up. but if your losing 1 lbs every two weeks which i set my goal to be, hey atleast your losing. it could be worse you could be gaining. try eating more like almonds walnuts,some people on here drink protein drinks, i wouldn't go and pig out everyday either. remember its a lifestyle change not a diet. you have a child to think about. be healthy for your kids
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,711 Member
    Options
    Don't let anyone convince you that it's too hard to lose weight after a certain age. I had my last baby at 34 (15 years ago). A year later, I was my highest non-pregnant weight ever (180 pounds). Today, I weigh less than I have in more than 25 years. It hasn't even been hard. It's just been a matter of making better choices and making them consistently, day after day. Don't give up!
  • Raphi
    Raphi Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Aaaw... Thank you so much for all those pep talks :flowerforyou: It's so nice to be understood and listened to. I needed that :)