sneakers

Options
hello mfp'ers :blushing:

in the market for some new sneakers and need some advice. i've gotten a lot of suggestions & tried some out.. but found nothing that seemed to fit my needs. i workout at the gym 4-6 days a week doing less than 30 min cardio, mostly machines/strength training. i do a boot camp class once a week where we run 1.7 miles (but not every class) & do turbo fire at home... several days a week on a hardwood floor. my feet know i need new sneakers, but i need something good. i think i may have to start doing turbo fire in my room (on the carpet) if i can't find something cushiony enough for my hardwood floors. yes, i know there's inserts, but there's no point in spending $100 on sneakers, only to have to buy inserts anyway....
any suggestions? :flowerforyou:

Replies

• wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Have you considered letting your body adapt to harder surfaces, rather than cushioning like crazy?

Best thing I ever did was switch to a minimal shoe. There's an adaptation period at first, but after... Mmmmm...
    Love my new balance minimus.
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    no, havent. i know the right shoe is important.. since i dont wanna mess up my feet.. but i guess thats a good point. i think my feet have adjusted to my sneakers i have, but some days... they hurt.. so i know its time for new ones. i dont wanna overload with inserts, just wanna protect my feet
  • sahm23ladies
    sahm23ladies Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I have to have some cushion or my joints kill me. I found Saucony works best for me.
  • Candijean1988
    Options
    i have avia shoes and love them... i usually buy nike for workout shoes... i have netting ones so my feet can breath
  • jdsmom0104
    Options
    thanks. my saucony has done me well, but couldnt find them when i went shopping... off to look again
  • mjrkearney
    mjrkearney Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    All I can say from my research is that if you're running, don't get the Shape-Ups (the ones with rounded soles) or the ones with toes. They are not running shoes and can cause serious damage. Personally I get Avia but only because they're cheap and last at least a year.